Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

8 minutes ago, HeliX said:

No, I'm asking you to explain what you understand the evolutionary differences between a Caucasian and a Negro to be.

OK.  Let's keep it very simple for your benefit. Because the environments that the negro evolved in was so different from the environment that the Caucasian evolved in different abilities became success factors.  It's Darwinism on the hoof.

Just now, Rog said:

OK.  Let's keep it very simple for your benefit. Because the environments that the negro evolved in was so different from the environment that the Caucasian evolved in different abilities became success factors.  It's Darwinism on the hoof.

You've still not named a difference.

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

A discussion on racism featuring ROG.

No wonder people post stuff like this

Pot, kettle, what? When you consider some of the invective, bad language and sheer brainless hokum posted on the more popular social media sites (including on this subject) and then someone on one of those sites has the nerve to call out MF as full of inbreds. Astonishing.

Edited by woolley
  • Like 4

Just now, Rog said:

I suggest you read a book on evolution.  We are all part of only one race. The human race. We can all interbreed with each other. Genetic variation in a species is essential. You are describing variation. 

• Like 2

Just now, Shake me up Judy said:

Some of the dumbshits who've bought into this virtue cult should click on to the Hodge Twins (?) video on the Black Lives Matter thread. It's only a couple of pages back. They put it better than I ever could.

Does two affluent middle-aged men who happen to be black speaking out against a leftist movement somehow negate all the voices in that movement?

3 minutes ago, Rog said:

Define racism.

racism
/ˈreɪsɪz(ə)m/

noun
noun: racism
  1. prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.
    "a programme to combat racism"
    • the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.
      "theories of racism"

4 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Some of the dumbshits who've bought into this virtue cult should click on to the Hodge Twins (?) video on the Black Lives Matter thread. It's only a couple of pages back. They put it better than I ever could.

I didn't watch it all because once I'd realised how much pot they'd smoked I thought they were just taking the piss. You can't take people that high seriously. Also it just annoys me that I'm not that high. I might give it another go.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, NoTail said:

I suggest you read a book on evolution.  We are all part of only one race. The human race. We can all interbreed with each other. Genetic variation in a species is essential. You are describing variation. 

Read a better book.

37 minutes ago, woolley said:

If someone turned down my application for a job, the last thing I would want to do would be to engage in a forensic enquiry as to the whys and wherefores of the knock back. I wouldn't give them the satisfaction, and I can't think of a more pointless endeavour. My overriding emotion would be: "Your loss!" I've employed people of varying ethnicity. In ALL cases it's based only on judgment concerning who will be best fit for the job. That isn't always necessarily the best qualified or the most intelligent. Many factors are taken into account, but not their ethnicity. I'm convinced that this is the case with the overwhelming majority of employers. Aside from any racial considerations, surely it is only self-interest to employ the right person for every position.

As for the landlord and the lesbians, he must have been a principled bigot who couldn't bring himself to lie. Or an idiot.

This was part of the point I was making. 

Not everyone rejected for a job, at any stage of the process, is going to follow it up.  

That means there are potentially a significant number of applications which are not advanced based on some form of prejudice.  It could be race but could equally be age, sex or even that you did not attend the "right" college or university. 

25 minutes ago, woolley said:

Well I've bought my last Manx milk and cheese for a start!

I used to feel a bit guilty buying the cheaper Yeo Valley Organic milk, but not anymore. And I'll take a look at the other cheeses on offer (which are just excellent)

If the Creamery had just withdrawn their sponsorship I would understand but they had to make some sort of airy statement. 

• Like 2