Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

2 minutes ago, Gladys said:

No, someone advised him to hide his account.  Why?  Oh, yep, may not fit the narrative and undermine the argument.  

Orrr because they thought it was kinda sucky that people were dredging his Twitter....? I think you're seeing malice where there isn't any

Just now, HeliX said:

Orrr because they thought it was kinda sucky that people were dredging his Twitter....? I think you're seeing malice where there isn't any

Really? No malice in setting up someone to lose their job? For what, giving his view?  So, what will be the outcome, a head on a spike?  That will be a victory for about a day, yet the ramifications will last for Stu and for the wider ability to have a different view and debate will last for much longer.

How sucky is that?

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Gladys said:

Really? No malice in setting up someone to lose their job? For what, giving his view?  So, what will be the outcome, a head on a spike?  That will be a victory for about a day, yet the ramifications will last for Stu and for the wider ability to have a different view and debate will last for much longer.

How sucky is that?

I said there was no malice in the person telling Jordan to set his Twitter private - you've conflated some points there.

I don't believe they were attempting to set him up to lose his job. I also think if speaking your own views would lose you your job maybe your views aren't that nice.

I am absolutely all for debate, but I don't feel any was had. Stu told people his opinion as fact. Debate involves asking questions and presenting opinions.

I don't know whether he should lose his job, truth be told. But I don't think he was stitched up here.

8 minutes ago, Declan said:

It's really disingenuous of the like of Kate Hopkins, Gladys and Max Power to frame this as being about Stu's free-speech. He was the presenter, not a contributor. He consistently showed a lack of empathy to the anti-racist callers, scoffs at them, interrupts, challenges every point they make, but does not challenge the good old boys that call up later. He was biased and had he gone un-chastised it would have meant that Manx Radio is not a place where racism can be discussed unless it is to dismiss it.

That is your take. Lovely Lucy was just an onslaught as I posted above. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Declan said:

It's really disingenuous of the like of Kate Hopkins, Gladys and Max Power to frame this as being about Stu's free-speech. He was the presenter, not a contributor. He consistently showed a lack of empathy to the anti-racist callers, scoffs at them, interrupts, challenges every point they make, but does not challenge the good old boys that call up later. He was biased and had he gone un-chastised it would have meant that Manx Radio is not a place where racism can be discussed unless it is to dismiss it.

I listened to it.  Overblown witch hunt 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Gladys said:

That is your take. Lovely Lucy was just an onslaught as I posted above. 

Yeah. It's outrageous ringing a phone-in show and being articulate and prepared, poor Stu didn't stand a chance.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, HeliX said:

I don't know whether he should lose his job, truth be told. But I don't think he was stitched up here.

He will lose his job. This has been so well orchestrated there is no other outcome likely. They even successfully pulled the shows sponsors in overnight. He was most definitely stitched up. Purely because they knew that he’s a bit of a tit who was going to put his foot in it based on past performance and then they could leverage it for all that it was worth. The social media content that appeared the following morning was just too well done to be anything other than largely pre prepared. 

1 minute ago, Mr Newbie said:

He will lose his job. This has been so well orchestrated there is no other outcome likely. They even successfully pulled the shows sponsors in overnight. He was most definitely stitched up. Purely because they knew that he’s a bit of a tit who was going to put his foot in it based on past performance and then they could leverage it for all that it was worth. The social media content that appeared the following morning was just too well done to be anything other than largely pre prepared. 

We've disagreed on this before and I doubt we'll agree on it, but as someone who is on the internet most of ever day (it's my job, I'm not just a child) there was nothing particularly suspect about the speed or content of the response.

Just now, HeliX said:

We've disagreed on this before and I doubt we'll agree on it, but as someone who is on the internet most of ever day (it's my job, I'm not just a child) there was nothing particularly suspect about the speed or content of the response.

We won’t agree on it that’s for sure. The Facebook posts especially were too well done and appeared literally in hours. 

• Like 1