Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

5 minutes ago, Max Power said:

There was though HeliX, the three callers were lined up one after another with a very similar aggressive manner before Stu actually said anything, not prepared to put up with Stu's explanations or reasoning, no matter how he tried to speak. They all quoted what he had written on here, it's obvious that one of them had read it and got the others to weigh in.  He wasn't laughing at their opinions, it was a nervous chuckle to try and lighten the mood in my opinion, I have done that myself when things get a bit sticky, I'm not saying it's a good thing.

I haven't listened to it again since the morning after, but wasn't it only the first caller that quoted what Stu had said on here? Is it particularly implausible that several people rang in to talk about BLM (arguably the largest topic of the day) and the 2nd and 3rd callers were listening to the 1st?

4 minutes ago, HeliX said:

and the 2nd and 3rd callers were listening to the 1st?

I doubt those people had ever listened to the show before. (Well, there's no doubt)

Edited by gettafa
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, HeliX said:

I haven't listened to it again since the morning after, but wasn't it only the first caller that quoted what Stu had said on here? Is it particularly implausible that several people rang in to talk about BLM (arguably the largest topic of the day) and the 2nd and 3rd callers were listening to the 1st?

Most younger people wouldn't be listening to Manx Radio and Stu Peters at that time of night, and time it so well that they all called in as the first three callers with almost exactly the same axe to grind? Anyway, It'll all come out in the wash.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Max Power said:

What? Where am I lying Declan?

You're constantly misrepresenting the conversation. Stu constantly interrupted. Stu mockingly laughed at the contributors. Stu displayed no empathy, didn't allow them to finish their points and constantly interpreted. You either haven't heard the show or are deliberately twisting what happened to support your pal.  

40 minutes ago, Declan said:

Yeah. It's outrageous ringing a phone-in show and being articulate and prepared, poor Stu didn't stand a chance.

You thinking you are back in your collage days eh. Another one down with the kids. Shameful really, considering how you usually like to be portrayed. 

57 minutes ago, Max Power said:

He's 30 I believe?

The Manx Radio story which has already been linked to, says he was 24 in December 2016, so he would be 27 or 28 now and so 21 or 22 when he made the comment that some people are getting so  upset about.  And let's face if Stu had made exactly the same comment yesterday, exactly the same people would be proclaiming that it was just a bit of lighthearted banter and that people nowadays had no sense of humour. 

The people who are busy denouncing others for 'offence-seeking' and now getting offended on behalf of an anonymous (and possibly fictitious) person thousands of miles away about a passing remark six years ago.  And they are so full of their own self-importance that they fail to realise what idiots this makes them look.

1 minute ago, Roger Mexico said:

The Manx Radio story which has already been linked to, says he was 24 in December 2016, so he would be 27 or 28 now and so 21 or 22 when he made the comment that some people are getting so  upset about.  And let's face if Stu had made exactly the same comment yesterday, exactly the same people would be proclaiming that it was just a bit of lighthearted banter and that people nowadays had no sense of humour. 

The people who are busy denouncing others for 'offence-seeking' and now getting offended on behalf of an anonymous (and possibly fictitious) person thousands of miles away about a passing remark six years ago.  And they are so full of their own self-importance that they fail to realise what idiots this makes them look.

Really ? 
Many on here not too fussed about dragging up things Stu may have said in the past. You included. !

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Declan said:

You're constantly misrepresenting the conversation. Stu constantly interrupted. Stu mockingly laughed at the contributors. Stu displayed no empathy, didn't allow them to finish their points and constantly interpreted. You either haven't heard the show or are deliberately twisting what happened to support your pal.  

I don't know Stu but you are pretty much doing what you're accusing me of. If you listen to it, both sides were interrupting each other, they had no empathy with him either, they were aggressive and patronising. Stu kept calm as they insulted him and was respectful of their opinions, which is more than they were of him. You obviously see it differently but don't say that I'm lying.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3