Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

Mountains out of molehills springs to mind political correctness is killing free speech. These idiots should not be allowed to protest when we are in a state of emergency it will be tragic if we start getting new covid cases because people want a day out and their ugly mugs in the papers.   The place the protest is taking place is in the hub of town, the time is when people will be out from workplaces getting food for lunch, why don’t they protest at Tynwald or Douglas Head somewhere they would not get in people’s way.  They are stirring up racism on the Island where very little existed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, hissingsid said:

Mountains out of molehills springs to mind political correctness is killing free speech. These idiots should not be allowed to protest when we are in a state of emergency it will be tragic if we start getting new covid cases because people want a day out and their ugly mugs in the papers.   The place the protest is taking place is in the hub of town, the time is when people will be out from workplaces getting food for lunch, why don’t they protest at Tynwald or Douglas Head somewhere they would not get in people’s way.  They are stirring up racism on the Island where very little existed.

You know the point of a protest is for people to see it right?

There's plenty of racism on the island. Why would people speaking out against racism cause racism?

7 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I bet he dressed accordingly too, being a bit of a student type wag. Gone way down in my estimation of him from what I have read over a couple of years

If you saw his SFA bobble hat you'd change your tune. Total respect.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Declan said:

You're constantly misrepresenting the conversation. Stu constantly interrupted. Stu mockingly laughed at the contributors. Stu displayed no empathy, didn't allow them to finish their points and constantly interpreted. You either haven't heard the show or are deliberately twisting what happened to support your pal.  

@Declan

I beg to differ.

I listened to the first caller and quickly realised they were reading from a prepared script.

Why was that?

Stu couldn't interrupt because they just kept ploughing on quoting lots of figures etc etc without any hesitation, repetition or deviation AT ALL which means they were reading it out.

Listen to the first caller again and then try to claim it's not a setup.

The thing that pisses me off the most is that Stu is in lumber but if he's cleared (I have to say I hope he is) then there will be absolutely no retribution visited on those who deliberately blew this out of all proportion for their own ends.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1