Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

1 minute ago, HeliX said:

Hard to say, most people won't really admit to it when asked will they? The study done here a decade ago suggested that 5% of people admitted to being openly racist and 43% said they had "sympathy for racist views".

What was the sample size? Was it done in Pulrose ?

You are utterly delusional if you think 4 in every 10 people sympathise with racism or racist views.

1 minute ago, gettafa said:

I have inherited much of my family estate.

In your world, what should I now do in light of 'white privilege'?

(serious question by the way)

There isn't really much you can do about it directly. It's not a term designed to make people feel bad about themselves for being born white. It's a way to frame other issues in better context.

5 minutes ago, Mr Newbie said:

Anyone might think that you work for a rival news agency Declan with an illogical rant like that. It seems to be the station and the presenter that you have an issues with. Not what actually happened. 

I don't work in any news media. I do have a problem with Manx Radio because I'm paying for it and repeatedly over many years I've not had value from it. It's a station for other people. Failure to act on the biased way the two sets of contributors were treated would have confirmed it.

2 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

What was the sample size? Was it done in Pulrose ?

You are utterly delusional if you think 4 in every 10 people sympathise with racism or racist views.

The numbers seem fairly consistent with other Western countries. Do you have an alternative survey or study?

2 minutes ago, gettafa said:

You have quoted The Guardian and what their journalists have found. Jeez.

Seriously, would you respect someone if they quoted The Daily Mail and The Sun to back their viewpoint.

If you don't like the Guardian links just click through to the original studies. They're not opinion pieces.

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/0001839216639577

Just now, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

No but I have real life every day experiences that conflict with what you say.

Anecdotal evidence doesn't carry as much value as studies because it has considerably more bias and less control.

2 minutes ago, Holte End said:

No your right, she was discriminated against, because she was of German extraction.

And had she not only been German but also looked different to the majority of the population due to skin colour she'd have been further discriminated against than she was.