Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

3 minutes ago, Scotty said:

You lost all credibility days ago and are just looking stupid now. So many intelligent posters have pulled you up, yet you continue like a dog with a bone. Why carry this on ?

Feel free not to read it if it bothers you.

2 minutes ago, HeliX said:

I did touch on this briefly in one of the posts about policing, but given the last 3 days and 10 pages have been spent talking with people who don't believe white privilege exists at all, I didn't think there was a lot of value in an in-depth discussion into the mechanics by which it propogates.

So you agree with my post them as this has nothing to do with policing and you go off on yet another tangent rather than properly respond. 

6 minutes ago, Mr Shoe said:

Murder is against the law. There are still murders.  

Stop conflating racists with systemic/institutional racism.

We all agree with you that there are racists.

Here is the post I was responding to, asking me for evidence of racism on the Island.

osFZHzo.png

General question for people who believe in white privilege: do you believe in (for example) arab privilege or chinese privilege?

Assuming you're in Saudi or China respectively.

I've been in places where if there's no English menu outside the restaurant, I'm not welcome. And if I go in, I'll be asked to leave. Not legal in the UK (or the US AFAIK). 

1 minute ago, Mr Shoe said:

General question for people who believe in white privilege: do you believe in (for example) arab privilege or chinese privilege?

Assuming you're in Saudi or China respectively.

I've been in places where if there's no English menu outside the restaurant, I'm not welcome. And if I go in, I'll be asked to leave. Not legal in the UK (or the US AFAIK). 

Yes

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Yes

For the record, I think there is white privilege. But of all the privilege accorded to the various populations in the world, "white privilege" is one of the most slight and western society deserves some credit for that (although capitalism also helps).

But, I will defend anyone's right to state they don't believe there is privilege.

Western society also deserves credit for freedom of speech. Or used to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

HeliX is not the outlier.

He's been moderately posting here for a decade or more and is clearly a level headed and intelligent normal.

Well done to him for trying to find the right words.

Edited by pongo
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1