Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

4 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

I'm sure there are quite a few people who've got it in for Stu. I'm surprised he's lasted as long at Manx Radio as he has. He upset the Creamery when he ran his cafe didn't he ?

I think he only really upset TJ there. The Creamery didn't comment.

27 minutes ago, Declan said:

I think he only really upset TJ there. The Creamery didn't comment.

Maybe they should have taken that approach in this matter? But no, there was a right on band wagon to jump on and some people just can't help themselves.

• Like 2

I think they were right to disassociate themselves from the conduct of the presenter. Had they not Manx Radio may well have turned a blind eye to his despicable behaviour, like they have many times. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Yep, I'll be avoiding the Creamery butter from now on too. A small gesture but every little helps... 

Helps what? Put local people out of work because you don't like something one of them said? Sounds an awful lot like something you'd argue against in a role reversal.

• Like 3

In these hard times, I certainly won't feel so guilty about buying Yeo Valley Organic milk, it's cheaper. And I''l be trying out the other cheeses on offer.

I don't think it will put too many people out of work.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Declan said:

I think they were right to disassociate themselves from the conduct of the presenter. Had they not Manx Radio may well have turned a blind eye to his despicable behaviour, like they have many times. 

There was no despicable behaviour. Not even mildly offensive behaviour. 

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Yep, I'll be avoiding the Creamery butter from now on too. A small gesture but every little helps... 

Said at the start that we have bought  our last Manx milk and cheese. It got laughs in response, but I wasn't joking. 

6 minutes ago, woolley said:

There was no despicable behaviour. Not even mildly offensive behaviour. 

It was biased to one set of callers. I know that's how Manx Radio normally operates, but it's still despicable for a tax-payer funded broadcaster to act like that.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, woolley said:

Said at the start that we have bought  our last Manx milk and cheese. It got laughs in response, but I wasn't joking. 

You might not have been joking, but that doesn't make it not funny.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1