Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

It was stresses, several times, Mannin Line today that Manx Radio, by Andy Wint , was not publicity funded it just got a contribution of 35p in the pound of annual turnover from the Government the rest was made up of advertising revenue.   I really cannot see this after listening to the same adverts all the time which means the advertisers are on one of the special deals, of which there are plenty, it does not make sense.

2 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

It lasts a lot longer, get some, try some, you will be surprised.

How long do you need it to last?  Most of the creamery milk must last long enough to drink it? Who on earth buys a pint of milk and it actually goes off before you drink it?

Edited by The Dog's Dangly Bits

There should be no reason at all to buy milk from the UK. If you don't want milk from the creamery for 'reasons' you can get it from Aalin Dairy down north or Cooil bros south. Piss off with your cravenadle or whatever crap it is. Manx milk from manx cows for manx people. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

It was stresses, several times, Mannin Line today that Manx Radio, by Andy Wint , was not publicity funded it just got a contribution of 35p in the pound of annual turnover from the Government the rest was made up of advertising revenue.   I really cannot see this after listening to the same adverts all the time which means the advertisers are on one of the special deals, of which there are plenty, it does not make sense.

He also made a couple of odd statements relating to the Peter's affair, today -

A. "That issue" is currently being dealt with by the Communications Commission - there seems to be a bit of doubt about that.

B. "Any comment may prejudice the outcome" - prejudice in the context of legal proceedings relate to prejudicing the jury as the "professionals" are above being swayed by anything but the law and facts. (That was quite a point of debate when I was a law student.)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gladys said:

He also made a couple of odd statements relating to the Peter's affair, today -

A. "That issue" is currently being dealt with by the Communications Commission - there seems to be a bit of doubt about that.

B. "Any comment may prejudice the outcome" - prejudice in the context of legal proceedings relate to prejudicing the jury as the "professionals" are above being swayed by anything but the law and facts. (That was quite a point of debate when I was a law student.)

How much of A. Is the quote? Who is doubting the CC dealings ?

32 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

There should be no reason at all to buy milk from the UK. If you don't want milk from the creamery for 'reasons' you can get it from Aalin Dairy down north or Cooil bros south. Piss off with your cravenadle or whatever crap it is. Manx milk from manx cows for manx people. 

Freedom of choice...

18 minutes ago, Scotty said:

How much of A. Is the quote? Who is doubting the CC dealings ?

After the hyphen in each case I have put my query.  Quite few have queried exactly whose investigation is underway,  Quirkio having said he received a letter from the CC saying they were not investigating. 

It's not a big deal, but rather pointing out that there isn't  a clear message on this from Douglas Head and/or Mr Wint tends to "wing it". 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

When was the last time you made a post on this forum where you weren't being a twat?

Whenever you are not involved.

Stop being a plant pot and just accept that if people prefer something other than the crap the creameries churn out then so be it

2 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

Stop being a plant pot and just accept that if people prefer something other than the crap the creameries churn out then so be it

Manx milk is award winning and leads the field. Whatever happened to buy local and save jobs.?

The fact that they have totally fucked up the recycling of their very green cartons is another matter. However a local firm has made thousands out of this situation. So wrong. I binned about 200 empty cartons today that we had saved up, because they could not be recycled.

However their milk is 100% .

Edited by Scotty

1 minute ago, Neil Down said:

Have you tried the products from Aalin? Their cream is amazing. I offered two local alternatives to the main creamery, a pretty sensible thing I'd have thought. We're going to be stuck, isolated to a degree from the rest of the world for a while, shop local.

• Like 1