Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

+++++ I thought it was rather conciliatory to Stu P., offering him the excuse of being unprepared and there wasn't the intention to make him the face of Racism.

He obviously hasn't discovered MF if he thought Stu Ps spluttering responses were a poor attempt to engage.

It is often a human response to an unexpected situation to become flustered and to offer silly and inappropriate responses but in his position Stu P should be more able that many to overcome this inadequacy?

JM is not a professional speaker not speech writer, it is to be expected that there would be garbling .

His speech reaches out to everyone on the Island to show some understanding and not to attempt to derail the message going around the World that this is the time with this emotion, to at least, affect some change.

Of course 'All Lives Matter', that goes without saying but it should not be an excuse to denigrate this current  matter.

28 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Isn't it just.  I suppose it was accepted as accurate at the protest.

And that is the problem, lots of things are being accepted at face value. I truly feel that MR are stuffed if they reinstate Stu, as much as they will be if they sack him.

14 minutes ago, Kopek said:

+++++ I thought it was rather conciliatory to Stu P., offering him the excuse of being unprepared and there wasn't the intention to make him the face of Racism.

He obviously hasn't discovered MF if he thought Stu Ps spluttering responses were a poor attempt to engage.

It is often a human response to an unexpected situation to become flustered and to offer silly and inappropriate responses but in his position Stu P should be more able that many to overcome this inadequacy?

JM is not a professional speaker not speech writer, it is to be expected that there would be garbling .

His speech reaches out to everyone on the Island to show some understanding and not to attempt to derail the message going around the World that this is the time with this emotion, to at least, affect some change.

Of course 'All Lives Matter', that goes without saying but it should not be an excuse to denigrate this current  matter.

Conciliation involves telling the truth. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Kopek said:

I think it's a load of old bollox.

You're clearly taken in by it though...

The Communications Commission asked MR to provide a transcript of the whole three hours. Which they duly did. They sent Stu a copy as well. Fair enough.

It shows that some folks should be just a little more circumspect before throwing accusations around....

The attitudes being displayed on here by both old and new posters is really shocking.

After 10 yrs of using MF., while I don't know any of you personally, reading the usually reasoned posts of the oldies, I thought that I had a good idea from their online persona to expect that 'reason' to extend to all important matters!

The continued attempts downplay the background to this BLM movement, the importance it has to trigger reforms for all injustices does not bode well for future attempts to face up to and make our Governments address these issues on behalf of all of us.

All racial and social inequalities need to be looked at and yes, it is racist to try to suppress this movement.

Frankly, I'm ashamed of some of the attitudes expounded, repeatedly and continually, on here.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Conciliation involves telling the truth. 

You can't let it go, can you?

The march has happened and yet you still try to deny these people the right to speak and demonstrate their their desires for Racial Equality with your nit picking responses!

38 minutes ago, Kopek said:

I agree that the later words of JM seem quite conciliatory by comparison, although I still question his original motives in ringing Stu. I believe it was to provoke a situation in advance of the march. I think too that it is a good idea for his  POC organisation to have a separate identity and not to affiliate to BLM which seems to have some very extreme hard left political stances and aims. Certainly not going to get very far on the Isle of Man with that sort of baggage.

26 minutes ago, Kopek said:

The attitudes being displayed on here by both old and new posters is really shocking.

After 10 yrs of using MF., while I don't know any of you personally, reading the usually reasoned posts of the oldies, I thought that I had a good idea from their online persona to expect that 'reason' to extend to all important matters!

The continued attempts downplay the background to this BLM movement, the importance it has to trigger reforms for all injustices does not bode well for future attempts to face up to and make our Governments address these issues on behalf of all of us.

All racial and social inequalities need to be looked at and yes, it is racist to try to suppress this movement.

Frankly, I'm ashamed of some of the attitudes expounded, repeatedly and continually, on here.

You're completely wide of the mark.

I have seen little or any attempt to "downplay" the background to the BLM movement.

What happened to Gearge Floyd was shocking. Try finding someone who disagrees with that...

I don't have an online "persona" either. Why would you bother...?

However from the evidence it's obvious that Stu was stitched up. For that reason I will not support the BLM effort on Mannin because to me their motivation and methodology are dubious to put it lightly.

The "speech" that made a point of pilloring Stu rather than the essence of BLM said it all about them really.

But hey, support who you like....

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Kopek said:

You can't let it go, can you?

The march has happened and yet you still try to deny these people the right to speak and demonstrate their their desires for Racial Equality with your nit picking responses!

Denying their right to speak and demonstrate? Trying to suppress the movement and you're racist if you don't agree with it? What do you know about the background of BLM, more specifically the affiliates of the movement?

We live in a democracy Kopek, and allegedly that includes the luxury of free-speech, where opinion is permitted if not shared. Would you rather a society where it didn't exist, where dissent is violently quashed and history erased? That would lead society on a path to regressive ruin.

No one is denying that things need to change, that racial inequality exists and serious work is required in bringing about what needs to be done but violent protest and disorder is the wrong way to go about it. The BLM movement has been hijacked by other political elements intent on violently sowing division to bolster their own agendas. 

There's a far bigger and more nuanced picture than the image you're portraying. Calling people racist if they don't toe the line is just another ploy to silence alternative views on what needs to be a thorough and balanced narrative on the subject of racial disparity in the 'progressive' West. 

Edited by quilp
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1