Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

On 6/5/2020 at 12:34 AM, Mr Newbie said:

I see the sponsors of his show have now publicly withdrawn their sponsorship. 

The sponsor was IOM Creameries. I bet he regrets not buying Manx milk for his coffee shop 

Edited by Terminal

13 minutes ago, quilp said:

Anyone know, has a change.org petition been raised in support of Petersgate? 

Not seen one...but...as I have said before, if there were one it would need to be one based on conciliation.

The dangers of setting up a simply pro Stu Peters petition are obvious to me.

We would want all people to sign, including many who signed the other petition?

Edited by Albert Tatlock
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Kopek said:

You can't let it go, can you?

The march has happened and yet you still try to deny these people the right to speak and demonstrate their their desires for Racial Equality with your nit picking responses!

I am not talking about the march. 

5 hours ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Not seen one...but...as I have said before, if there were one it would need to be one based on conciliation.

The dangers of setting up a simply pro Stu Peters petition are obvious to me.

We would want all people to sign, including many who signed the other petition?

I think the outcome will be the traditional Manx solution of "lessons have been learnt, lets move on." Jordon's speech seems to offer that olive branch. Although I do hope that Stu gets away with a reprimand and returns with a less confrontational approach, I couldn't sign a petition demanding that without some sort of apology or acknowledgement that mistakes have been made.

I hope when conciliation is needed PK isn't his only adviser.

1 hour ago, Declan said:

I think the outcome will be the traditional Manx solution of "lessons have been learnt, lets move on." Jordon's speech seems to offer that olive branch. Although I do hope that Stu gets away with a reprimand and returns with a less confrontational approach, I couldn't sign a petition demanding that without some sort of apology or acknowledgement that mistakes have been made.

Ir didn't take me long to realise that the only way to deal with bullying is to match it head-on.

It also didn't take me long to realise that music bores really are the very worst kind....

There have been some really nasty comments made about Stu and change.org and personally I wouldn't let something like that go unchallenged. However Mr Peters is very much his own man and he will do what suits him I'm sure...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Declan said:

Not just from Stu either. Maybe give Jordan and Lucy a chance to apologise as well

• Like 1

1 hour ago, manxman1980 said:

I see Nigel Farage compared the BLM protesters to the Taliban on live TV this week.

LBC have since announced that his show is being cancelled as his contract is ending.

Perhaps there is an opening for Stu to become a host at LBC.

He said far more than that about BLM and their stated aims, most of it true according to their own publicity. It puts Stu's imagined mistakes into perspective. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, woolley said:

He said far more than that about BLM and their stated aims, most of it true according to their own publicity. It puts Stu's imagined mistakes into perspective. 

More perspective when you look at the removal of The Fawlty Towers "The Germans" episode from UKTV and the reasons why, then compare that with anything that Stu Peters said.

Good thing there aren't any statues of John Cleese btw

18 minutes ago, gettafa said:

More perspective when you look at the removal of The Fawlty Towers "The Germans" episode from UKTV and the reasons why, then compare that with anything that Stu Peters said.

Good thing there aren't any statues of John Cleese btw

Be good repeat business for the statuemaker, they'd have to keep adding material to his belly.