Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

1 minute ago, pongo said:

But what are we supposed to do with statues? What are they for?

As I have said in an age before media and social media they are primarily for public recognition. Lynott is a good example. He now stands amongst the hoards of multiple generation drunken Irishmen whose descendants wouldn’t have given him the time of day in the 50s and 60s. Some are good tributes, some are poor. 

3 minutes ago, Mr Newbie said:

As I have said in an age before media and social media they are primarily for public recognition.

So what you seem to be saying is that statues used to be useful but now we don't really need them.

A bit like phone boxes and radio stations.

Edited by pongo

1 minute ago, Mr Newbie said:

I’ve explained above. Use the “up” arrow. 

You said that "in an age before media and social media they are primarily for public recognition". Apart from the tenses there all being a bit  skew-whiff, what you seem to be saying is that they used to be useful. Before we had the internet. But now we do.

A bit like phone boxes, radio stations, horse trams and mangles. 

8 minutes ago, pongo said:

You said that "in an age before media and social media they are primarily for public recognition". Apart from the tenses there all being a bit  skew-whiff. 

Crack on. I’m sure normal people got what I was saying. There’s no need to try to appear clever about it. They’re I’d guess too, 

Edited by Mr Newbie

6 minutes ago, Mr Newbie said:

Crack on. I’m sure normal people got what I was saying. There’s no need to try to appear clever about it. They’re I’d guess too, 

OK. But what are statues for? What do you do with them, for example?

1 hour ago, Kopek said:

The royal standard ???

You bloody comeovers, you come over here to avoid your own countries taxes, have your babies on 'our' NHS, sign on to 'our' job seekers  and you want your monarchies flags to be recognised in this foreign ( to you ) country?

There's a boat in the morning Bouy!!!   ;)

We are your landlords...

• Haha 1