Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

23 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Clearly I guess he cannot comment at the moment but I'm sure he will have his say.

Well that's clearly nonsense, unless the Mail on Sunday is lying:

Last night he told The Mail on Sunday the decision amounted to an ‘Orwellian attempt at mind and speech control’.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8418321/DJ-Stuart-Peters-suspended-denying-white-privilege.html

Some interesting developments on this story over the last few days.

Manx Radio management are very much trying to keep a lid on the narrative, but with Stu Peters appearing to give the Daily Mail some quotes this weekend, it looks like the hares are running again on a story that is now over two weeks old.

It was interesting on Thursday's Manninline that David Quirk, a big fan of Stu Peters, was completely shut down by Mr Wint. Giving a reason that only 35% of the stations income comes from Government seemed odd at best, not mentioning the fact that Radio Manx Limited is Government owned. All pay checks and pensions are on the government payroll. 

Trying to scare the callers into not talking about it because there is an investigation by the Communications Commission is not good enough. At present there is nothing in the courts to stop the conversation. My guessing is if this had happened at any other media outlet Manx Radio would be reporting on it.

I hope other Manninline callers/texter/emailers won't be put off from having a conversation with Mr Wint and ask more questions both for and against the subject. Surely the MD, Mr Sully, needs to step up to the plate and answer peoples concerns. If they are not put on air, or don't have their messages read out they should cc their MHK's and the Communications Commission.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Max Power said:

And really a lot of the root causes which were imposed on them by the English mainly, were also imposed on most of the ordinary lower classes of all the home countries, including England itself. The Irish chose to do something about it I guess, whereas the small rebellions in England were crushed without mercy.

Little mercy was employed in Ireland - either by the VIkings, the Normans or the English

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Don't read the mail.

You'd probably like it.

1 minute ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Don't read the mail. They do lie a lot to be fair.

How do you know if you don't read it?

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

Little mercy was employed in Ireland - either by the VIkings, the Normans or the English

Very true, but imagine if the 'media' of the day had exaggerated the claims of brutality and this caused a violent backlash, which led to a violent backlash, which led to....

33 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

The fact that he has chosen that publication to give his first and so far only public comments to says everything you need to know. In my view.

That the Wail was the only UK MSM that has thus far contacted him for comment...?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

The fact that he has chosen that publication to give his first and so far only public comments to says everything you need to know. In my view.

Maybe they were the first and only ones to contact him for his point of view?

Or you know for a fact that he chose them?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, P.K. said:

That the Wail was the only UK MSM that has thus far contacted him for comment...?

Well it seems unlikely that no other UK or local media outlet bothered, but it's also a very stupid thing to give an interview to any of them under the circumstances.  Newspapers and so on are going to have their own agenda with a story and that is going to warp how Stu's side of things gets presented, whether he likes it or not.  He's better saying nothing to anybody.

• Like 2