Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

13 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

There's the contentious Proclamation of Dungannon by my very distant relative Féilim Rua Ó Néill na Ceann Ard, but I don't see any record of a massacre there

Such things are normally well-documented in Ireland

Sorry Donald, senility has set in. The siege of Drogheda I meant! 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, gettafa said:

The actual first caller was a bit odd in a way. A bloke that seemed to have issues (he as much said so) and went on to continue to praise Stu Peters for what a good job he was doing. Whether this first caller called is relevant to the issue at hand is not yet fully known.
So Jordan Maquire was the second caller. 

Correct.  The first caller was odd. 

2 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

Well it seems unlikely that no other UK or local media outlet bothered, but it's also a very stupid thing to give an interview to any of them under the circumstances.  Newspapers and so on are going to have their own agenda with a story and that is going to warp how Stu's side of things gets presented, whether he likes it or not.  He's better saying nothing to anybody.

I disagree. Sometimes in life you have to make a stand, and the time to do that is at the moment of maximum impact. What would be the point of keeping mum until after you are sacked by which time the circus has moved on and the injustice can be quietly swept under the carpet?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Quirky was given the run around by Wint who had obviously been told to kill the story, but he did get the point across that he had contacted all six directors of Manx Radio and had not one reply, now Quirky is like a dog with a bone and if you think you are going to shut him up that is a big mistake.   I read the Mail online everyday and there is a lot of rubbish in it but also they do dig out stories that are relevant to situations.   Today on Facebook there was A piece  put out by BLM about targeting the police who had not taken the knee at protests, this is disgusting and I wonder how many of the people that marched in Douglas know what BLM is all about and what the agenda is I suspect they would be horrified if they knew.

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, woolley said:

I disagree. Sometimes in life you have to make a stand, and the time to do that is at the moment of maximum impact. What would be the point of keeping mum until after you are sacked by which time the circus has moved on and the injustice can be quietly swept under the carpet?

Exactly. That's the house style within government, but Stu won't get the big wedge to keep his mouth shut like most of them. They'd love him to go quietly, without a fight, because they're spineless bastards who never do things in the open. If I were him I'd make as much noise as possible and embarass them. They're going to dump him anyway so go down fighting. Let the light shine on this Island... 

Edited by Shake me up Judy
  • Like 4

42 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

Today on Facebook there was A piece  put out by BLM about targeting the police who had not taken the knee at protests, this is disgusting and I wonder how many of the people that marched in Douglas know what BLM is all about and what the agenda is I suspect they would be horrified if they knew.

BLM is a reincarnation/renaming of Black Power. Many of the childha, well, those under 30, on the promenade would not know of Black Power. An ostensibly well-meaning organisation of course.

Edited by gettafa
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Gladys said:

Correct.  The first caller was odd. 

That said, I would suggest that Stu Peters should use the first caller's words in his support. It was heavy praise indeed, from someone who had never phoned the Late Show before.

1 hour ago, Donald Trumps said:

Must say I'm surprised at all these people who are listening to the late show!

I don't know anyone who still listens to the station

Well there's nearly 5,000 people put their name to a petition. They must have listened to it, if not live then Listen Again.

That's a healthy listenership.

One of the guys from 3fm used to say that only about 30 people listen to Manx Radio in the evening. He wasn't being ironic*, or exaggerating or anything.

*Actually he might have been just being bitter

Edited by gettafa