Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

6 hours ago, Zorg said:

Stu Peters has the advantage of name recognition and being a local presenter. So he already has an established audience who would tune in. I'm sure local companies would pay to feature adverts.

You don't "tune in" to a podcast either.  Now who sounds like they are from the 1940's.

On 6/12/2020 at 1:58 AM, Albert Tatlock said:

Not seen one...but...as I have said before, if there were one it would need to be one based on conciliation.

The dangers of setting up a simply pro Stu Peters petition are obvious to me.

We would want all people to sign, including many who signed the other petition?

Sadly, the pro-Stu petition has been set up by Vader, and it's phrased with all his usual flair for conciliation.

Edited by Declan
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Gladys said:

I am banned from his site,  do you have a link please? 

The thread is locked anyway Vader didn't like that not everyone agreed with him. Here's ...

https://www.change.org/p/the-management-of-manx-radio-re-reinstatement-of-stu-peters-in-manx-radio

Not the conciliatory tone that Albert suggested. 

There is another pro-Stu petition, with few signatures...

https://www.change.org/p/the-general-public-reinstate-stu-peters

Here's the original petition anti-Stu ...

https://www.change.org/p/manx-radio-stu-peters-i-have-not-experienced-anymore-privilege-in-my-life-than-a-black-man

Note: it doesn't call for him to be sacked.

6 minutes ago, Declan said:

Note: it doesn't call for him to be sacked.

Thank you.  The anti petition doesn't need to call for him to be sacked other than for MR to address it, whatever that means. The effect of the complaints and petition could mean his continued employment is untenable so the net effect is the same.

If he does lose his job, it will be a sad day for freedom of thought, let alone speech. 

• Like 8

42 minutes ago, Declan said:

The thread is locked anyway Vader didn't like that not everyone agreed with him. Here's ...

https://www.change.org/p/the-management-of-manx-radio-re-reinstatement-of-stu-peters-in-manx-radio

Not the conciliatory tone that Albert suggested. 

Quite:

Stu peters has been suspended from his late night phone in talk show on Manx Radio after allegations of racism have been made against him after a rude caller Jordan Maguire ranted at him and did not allow Stu Peters to reply. Stu condemned racism but since then people have accused Stu Peters of racism. On reading the transcript of the program there was nothing racist in Stu peters comments. In fact the caller Jordan Maguire, an anti racist campaigner, was rude and ranting. He did no good for his rightful cause with his bad manners. This is an injustice to free speech. Stu Peters should be reinstated to the radio station immediately. 

Apart from the wonderful illiteracy, what I love about this is the way, like other of Stu's 'defenders', treats him as being unable to reply.  It's his radio programme!  He had hours to reply.  Unless they are suggesting that Maguire stormed Douglas Head, seized the control room and then bound and gagged Stu, then if he was unable to get his points across he's got no one to blame but himself.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Apart from the wonderful illiteracy, what I love about this is the way, like other of Stu's 'defenders', treats him as being unable to reply.  It's his radio programme!  He had hours to reply.  Unless they are suggesting that Maguire stormed Douglas Head, seized the control room and then bound and gagged Stu, then if he was unable to get his points across he's got no one to blame but himself.

Stu found it impossible to break in on the first call because the determined to be outraged caller was obviously reading from a script.

Surprised you didn't spot that...

Notice MR have taken the offending clip down.

Is it anywhere else?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Stu found it impossible to break in on the first call because the determined to be outraged caller was obviously reading from a script.

Surprised you didn't spot that...

Notice MR have taken the offending clip down.

Is it anywhere else?

Maybe my recollection is the problem, but didn't Stu ask if he could respond and Jordan said "yes" and away he went?