Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

Just now, HeliX said:

Maybe my recollection is the problem, but didn't Stu ask if he could respond and Jordan said "yes" and away he went?

Have to say I'm no longer sure who said what. Which is why I just asked has the recording been stored for posterity elsewhere?

In a way it's all a bit pointless. Jordan and his cronies have had their fifteen minutes, even if it was deliberately engineered, and as I posted previously they will no doubt never feel the consequences of their actions....

Just now, P.K. said:

Have to say I'm no longer sure who said what. Which is why I just asked has the recording been stored for posterity elsewhere?

In a way it's all a bit pointless. Jordan and his cronies have had their fifteen minutes, even if it was deliberately engineered, and as I posted previously they will no doubt never feel the consequences of their actions....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-isle-of-man-52936980

Looks like Jordan did dominate most of the conversation, but I don't think it's right to state that Stu found it impossible to respond.

Should there be consequences for phoning into a radio talk show with a particular agenda?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HeliX said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-isle-of-man-52936980

Looks like Jordan did dominate most of the conversation, but I don't think it's right to state that Stu found it impossible to respond.

Should there be consequences for phoning into a radio talk show with a particular agenda?

If it leads to charges of defamation and loss of earnings what do you think?

Dear me...

ETA your link only has a small transcript. Where has the full recording gone?

Edited by P.K.

2 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Dear me...

Why would the caller be charged with defamation? If it leads to loss of earnings for Stu (which I personally don't believe it should) how is that the caller's fault?

I don't have a copy of the full recording. Someone on here said they did, didn't they?

26 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Dear me...

The Listen Again/On demand feature only keeps for 1 week.

I have the recording in mp3 and will post it up sometime

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, P.K. said:

What are the consequences of their actions? Anything that happens to Stu is down to him. Even if you think him blameless, all Jordon did was ring a phone-in show and isn't it the point of a phone-in show that the caller is one who does most of the calling? Are really saying that you can't ring Manx Radio if you disagree with the presenter?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

48 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Why would the caller be charged with defamation? If it leads to loss of earnings for Stu (which I personally don't believe it should) how is that the caller's fault?

Are you really claiming you're unaware that these days the things we do and the things we say have consequences?

CBA.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, P.K. said:

Are you really claiming you're unaware that these days the things we do and the things we say have consequences?

CBA.

No, I'm claiming the caller isn't responsible for what Stu said. Are you suggesting Stu is some sort of ventriloquist's dummy?

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Declan said:

What are the consequences of their actions? Anything that happens to Stu is down to him. Even if you think him blameless, all Jordon did was ring a phone-in show and isn't it the point of a phone-in show that the caller is one who does most of the calling? Are really saying that you can't ring Manx Radio if you disagree with the presenter?

@Declan

Did you know they've removed the word "naive" from the OED?

1 minute ago, HeliX said:

No, I'm claiming the caller isn't responsible for what Stu said. Are you suggesting Stu is some sort of ventriloquist's dummy?

And I'm trying to point out, as simply as I can, that the caller(s) are responsible for what they said and their subsequent actions...

• Like 2