Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

That was sort of tried.

When Stu did the late show a few years back he brought on guests, including an MF'er. It was tried during the day time Talking Heads too, which was ok, but it just seemed to reinforce the fact that you need a professional presenter. ie not just anyone can roll up and gab away for a couple of hours in between records.

Edited by gettafa

41 minutes ago, Gladys said:

I don't think age can be taken into consideration any more under equality legislation. 

It's not retrospective, so they might be able to argue that he would have been retired by now, or that as a pensioner it was no longer his basic source of income and so he didn't count as an employee.  I'm just pointing it out as another source of complication.

It was classic comedy in Tynwald today, a snippet was broadcasted in Mannin Line, Rob seconded Chris Thomas’s motion regarding Manx Gas and then proceeded to say that the public should not give any credit to failing Thomas and should certainly not think he was Robin Hood as he had had 14 months to sort this out and done nothing, Chris Thomas then thanked him for seconding him although in a most unusual  way, there was an outburst of loud laughter then Harmer made an amendment and the whole  thing got kicked in the long grass.   Chris and Rob have obviously had a handbags at dawn moment.
Why does Manx Radio refer to Thomas as the sacked minister every time he features now, he is a backbencher, nothing more, nothing less, although he does seem intent on stealing Beecrofts crown for attention seeking.

49 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

It's not retrospective, so they might be able to argue that he would have been retired by now, or that as a pensioner it was no longer his basic source of income and so he didn't count as an employee.  I'm just pointing it out as another source of complication.

I didn't say it was retrospective; if they try to argue on age NOW, my understanding is it would contravene the Equality Act. As for "he would have been retired now", if they argue that it implies he is an employee, as retirement age was usually a term of your employment contract.  In any case, due to equality, I am not sure a retirement age is enforceable. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, hissingsid said:

The Examiner is saying a pressure group has been formed supporting Stu Peters, anyone any idea where ?   

I don't think it is a group founded to support Stu, but Toby Young's Super Special Freedom Of Speech Club. Who've written to commission.

3 minutes ago, Gladys said:

I didn't say it was retrospective; if they try to argue on age NOW, my understanding is it would contravene the Equality Act. As for "he would have been retired now", if they argue that it implies he is an employee, as retirement age was usually a term of your employment contract.  In any case, due to equality, I am not sure a retirement age is enforceable. 

Retirement ages are a thing of the past generally.  Regardless of contract.   Thankfully.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

It was classic comedy in Tynwald today, a snippet was broadcasted in Mannin Line, Rob seconded Chris Thomas’s motion regarding Manx Gas and then proceeded to say that the public should not give any credit to failing Thomas and should certainly not think he was Robin Hood as he had had 14 months to sort this out and done nothing, Chris Thomas then thanked him for seconding him although in a most unusual  way, there was an outburst of loud laughter then Harmer made an amendment and the whole  thing got kicked in the long grass.   Chris and Rob have obviously had a handbags at dawn moment.
Why does Manx Radio refer to Thomas as the sacked minister every time he features now, he is a backbencher, nothing more, nothing less, although he does seem intent on stealing Beecrofts crown for attention seeking.

Rob Callister call him "Fagin Thomas", I think Rob doesn't understand or appreciates the slur that he has made about Chris Thomas.

I also can't believe that the President  let Mr Callister away with this.

• Like 1