Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

2 hours ago, Shake me up Judy said:

He had his beach towel, sunglasses, and a book with him apparently :ph34r:

The Alan Whicker of Manx politicians... 

That honour is now with spewin Juan http://www.tynwald.org.im/memoff/remall/Pages/OITC.aspx?&&p_Date_x0020_From=20180529 23%3a00%3a00&&PageFirstRow=1&&View={9FCFDEB2-1AF7-4CF6-BA59-2B57DEAD3D4F}

4 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

He hasn't sloped off to a CPA meeting in the Maldives again has he?

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again...if he has I’ll pay his fare. One way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, gettafa said:

it just seemed to reinforce the fact that you need a professional presenter. ie not just anyone can roll up and gab away for a couple of hours in between records.

Given the size of the audience it might be just as sensible to power it down every evening. And then for good.

For the same money or less the govt could fund a much better selection of online-only content. No need any longer for an old-fashioned radio transmitter playing pop hits and mystery voice competitions. Or hosting Mr Angry phone-ins.

• Like 2

'' Given the size of the audience it m''

That's the point here, what is MRs hard core audience? If you discount the workers who have the radio on at work and are, in theory, listeners, the people who hear it in shops, then the core audience is probably quite small? Come 5-6 o'clock, these people probably switch the TV on and then that is it for the whole evening?

In one way, this could work in Stu Ps defense, if he offended any people, it wouldn't have been very many.

I have not heard his late show but probably, it is not too different to MFs hard core contributers? Mr Angry and Mr Liberal? It's not hard to transpose that to the general populace of the Island and if  we  can generate 5 or so Racists on MF, then the Island may have several thousand of the populace who, while they may claim not to be racist, will find any and continuous reasons to find fault with an attempt by anyone to oppose racism.

I will often defend the Islands' right to be different but on this matter we are flying in  the face of World opinion.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Kopek said:

That's the point here, what is MRs hard core audience? If you discount the workers who have the radio on at work and are, in theory, listeners, the people who hear it in shops, then the core audience is probably quite small? Come 5-6 o'clock, these people probably switch the TV on and then that is it for the whole evening?

In one way, this could work in Stu Ps defense, if he offended any people, it wouldn't have been very many.

I have not heard his late show but probably, it is not too different to MFs hard core contributers? Mr Angry and Mr Liberal? It's not hard to transpose that to the general populace of the Island and if  we  can generate 5 or so Racists on MF, then the Island may have several thousand of the populace who, while they may claim not to be racist, will find any and continuous reasons to find fault with an attempt by anyone to oppose racism.

I will often defend the Islands' right to be different but on this matter we are flying in  the face of World opinion.

You never hear Manx Radio on in a shop. It's always Energy or 3FM. They just want music, innit. They certainly don't want their competitors' adverts and obituaries.

Edited by woolley
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, woolley said:

You never hear Manx Radio on in a shop. It's always Energy or 3FM. They just want music, innit. They certainly don't want their competitors adverts and obituaries.

Same on sites; really odd, and irritating, how many people listen to bloody Energy. 

1 hour ago, Kopek said:

Another binary view. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kopek said:

"World opinion" is much more complex and nuanced than you would suppose. There isn't unanimity on anything, and certainly not on the BLM activists.

1 hour ago, Kopek said:

talking-bollocks.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kopek said:

Hey Kopek, I reckon you're a bit of a closet racist.

Tell me why you aren't.

• Like 1