Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

When it was first released I thought "Bohemian Rhapsody" was absolutely crap.

However during the last 45 years or so since then I've mellowed a bit until I recently came to the conclusion that it was still absolutely crap....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, woolley said:

So all of you Queenies. What do you think of Adam Lambert doing Freddie? Yes or no?

He doesn't "do" Freddie, he does his own take on the songs.  I have seen them twice with Adam Lambert and once with Freddie (1986 Knebworth).  Adam is a good performer, has a good stage presence and allows us Queen fans to see the songs performed live again.  When they do Bohemian Rhapsody, Adam stands to one side while a video of Freddie does the business.  A nice, respectful tribute.  

However  I was not tempted to watch the virtual concert at over £200 for a good "seat"!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

Sorry Mr W, but the song “ Bicycle” must rate as one of the worst songs ever, outside of Eurovision. Some Queen stuff was fantastic, but Some was dreadful .

Killer Queen and Seven seas of Rhye were superb.

Fair point - I cited it for the pun rather than its musical credibility. 

Early albums the best - start going downhill from 1978, but still some later gems in there. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, P.K. said:

When it was first released I thought "Bohemian Rhapsody" was absolutely crap.

However during the last 45 years or so since then I've mellowed a bit until I recently came to the conclusion that it was still absolutely crap....

And you’re dead right.

Edited by Uhtred
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

53 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Didn't last very long though Quilp - Queen is not really a blues band.  Shame, because I was quite excited when Paul Rodgers joined up, he has a fantastic voice, but not really for the Queen harmonics. 

Bad Company were a better band than Queen ever were IMO.

• Like 1

p

4 minutes ago, wrighty said:

Fair point - I cited it for the pun rather than its musical credibility. 

Early albums the best - start going downhill from 1978, but still some later gems in there. 

I love Pink Floyd, bur songs  like “ Bike” are rubbish. Same with Another Brick in the Wall.  Nothing like what they are about.

• Like 1