Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

3 hours ago, Gladys said:

The last time I went was in the early 80s to see PJ Proby.  He was late, caught up in the Rosie I believe, but it was a fantastic show.  

Black Mass...mid/late 70s. If you weren’t there you’ll never understand just how epic those Friday and Saturday nights were.

• Like 4

Its now 16 days since Stu Peters came off air at Manx Radio and still no sign of any communication from the Communications Commission, who have the job to rule on the affair.

Should they put Peters back or to hang him out to dry!

This is possibly the biggest test the comms people have had to do, yet they can't make the call.

Manx Radio seem willing to totally bury the story and probably bring Peters back on the early early breakfast show in a few months time.

Surly it cant take this long to come to a conclusion. 

12 minutes ago, WKRP said:

Its now 16 days since Stu Peters came off air at Manx Radio and still no sign of any communication from the Communications Commission, who have the job to rule on the affair.

Should they put Peters back or to hang him out to dry!

This is possibly the biggest test the comms people have had to do, yet they can't make the call.

Manx Radio seem willing to totally bury the story and probably bring Peters back on the early early breakfast show in a few months time.

Surly it cant take this long to come to a conclusion. 

I'm not sure that it is the Communications Commission's job, because I suspect they are still waiting on how Manx Radio handles it.  As discussed earlier on this thread the processes and responsibilities seem ill-defined.  You're right that the main response will be to try to bury it though. 

45 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

I'm not sure that it is the Communications Commission's job, because I suspect they are still waiting on how Manx Radio handles it.  As discussed earlier on this thread the processes and responsibilities seem ill-defined.  You're right that the main response will be to try to bury it though. 

Chris did say he was waiting for a steer from the CC.

Just now, TheTeapot said:

I'm kind of hoping Manx Radio do reinstate him. Not because I think they should, but because I think the froth will be funny.

Of course they should reinstate him. They should have shown some backbone and not suspended him in the first place. Very weak leadership in the face of the hysterical followers of a cabal on social media.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 6

9 hours ago, woolley said:

Loved the Douglas Head. What a wonderful location. We have lost a lot of fantastic leisure venues but I actually felt personal bereavement when they shut the Head. Remember thinking at the time that if they can't make that place work they can't make anything work. I guess cold hard cash, the site was simply more valuable than the business. What a way to run a railway. 

Fond memories of Douglas Head principally Black Mass doing Steely Dan covers and finishing every session with Freebird.  But, being a bit of a folk rocker, does anyone remember Triad at the Long Room at the Castle Mona.  Or indeed Dave Sayle’s Wednesday Folk Club further up the hill?

18 hours ago, Gladys said:

One of the best albums was Made in Heaven, IMO. It is "easy" I suppose for all you musos,  but it was very poignant and had the best ever Christmas track.  Music, like any other art, just has to resonate, it doesn't matter if it isn't technically or critically the best, just if it is the best for you and if you "get something" from it.

I prefer Maid In Heaven

• Thanks 3

29 minutes ago, gettafa said:

(according to the Dubliners)

Did they ever perform here? And if so, does anyone know which line-up?

According to his biography Luke Kelly was here but long before the band was formed.

There is some great footage on Youtube of Ronnie singing with The Pogues on the Late Late Show.

Edited by pongo

20 minutes ago, bankerboy said:

Fond memories of Douglas Head principally Black Mass doing Steely Dan covers and finishing every session with Freebird.  But, being a bit of a folk rocker, does anyone remember Triad at the Long Room at the Castle Mona.  Or indeed Dave Sayle’s Wednesday Folk Club further up the hill?

Yes, used to go to the Folk Club every Wednesday,  saw many star acts - Jasper Carrot, Mike Harding, Mike and Laurie, latterly also Al, are some who I can just recall, but there were loads of them. 

• Like 2