Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

8 hours ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Is she the early bird on Saturday mornings when I switch on for five minutes to get the 7:00am news ? Insufferable twaddle. Sounds like she's on a girls night out at a boy band concert. Can't switch if off quickly enough or tune to the BBC. It's Manx Radio for heavens sake; I don't know where some of these 'presenters' think they are. Could it be the Brindley effect ? 

The term I coined for the style of delivery was "squealy driveller". 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hboy said:

It was a metaphor, an analogy, Manx Radio is as much a public annoyance as dog shit.

So you saying Manx Radio hides under fallen leaves in Onchan just waiting for unsuspecting bus wankers?

• Like 1

I've listened to Chris Williams the last few mornings and I'm beginning to think that Alan Partridge is at least partly inspired by him.

Honestly the man's "banter" is incredibly shit.  He played "Goodbye To Jane" this morning and is it faded out he bizarrely started repeating "goodbye to Jane" in a bad Yorkshire accent before carrying on with a few "eee by gums" and the like.  He's badly unfunny, like some kind of parody shit DJ.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chef Raekwon said:

I've listened to Chris Williams the last few mornings and I'm beginning to think that Alan Partridge is at least partly inspired by him.

Honestly the man's "banter" is incredibly shit.  He played "Goodbye To Jane" this morning and is it faded out he bizarrely started repeating "goodbye to Jane" in a bad Yorkshire accent before carrying on with a few "eee by gums" and the like.  He's badly unfunny, like some kind of parody shit DJ.

thank your lucky stars it wasn't brindley

• Like 1

On 31/05/2017 at 11:36 PM, ManxieConnor said:

Is it just me who thinks that Jo Pack is totally up her arse? Judging by her twitter, you'd think she is a global superstar! You are not a celebrity yet. Another example of how Manx Radio is totally stupid. I must admit I do like the fresh blood but they are not egotistic and do some proper good broadcasting keeping their feet on the ground

Jo Pack is a complete fucking wally. Been laying the groundwork for ages to set herself up for the Radio TT gig despite knowing absolutely fuck all about motorbikes or racing, which has been painfully evident during her cringe-worthy daily shows on Radio TT. Watching her around the paddock, she is just a complete arse licker with all the riders, many of whom can't wait to get away from hr or try and avoid her when they see her coming. Her only tangible involvement with motorsports is Tim Reeves' mechanic, if you know what I'm saying, hardly the qualification needed to be a roving TT presenter 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, vee_dub said:

Jo Pack is a complete fucking wally. Been laying the groundwork for ages to set herself up for the Radio TT gig despite knowing absolutely fuck all about motorbikes or racing, which has been painfully evident during her cringe-worthy daily shows on Radio TT. Watching her around the paddock, she is just a complete arse licker with all the riders, many of whom can't wait to get away from hr or try and avoid her when they see her coming. Her only tangible involvement with motorsports is Tim Reeves' mechanic, if you know what I'm saying, hardly the qualification needed to be a roving TT presenter 

Come on now vee_dub, don't sit on the fence. Tell us what you really think :D

• Like 1

19 hours ago, hboy said:

I'd be much more interested if she was picking up other people's dog shit. 

Yeah - and picking-up her own dog's poo doesn't make her any less of a "squealy driveller" as a radio presenter.

2 hours ago, Barlow Strada said:

bring bāck charlie williams, especially for the radio tt chat show

please

When you've got senior management on mega salaries there's no money left to employ decent presenters like Charlie. Something has to give and what gives is quality. That's why you end up with numpties and fluffy bunnies with a candyfloss microphone. 

• Like 5

On 5/31/2017 at 11:36 PM, ManxieConnor said:

Is it just me who thinks that Jo Pack is totally up her arse? Judging by her twitter, you'd think she is a global superstar! You are not a celebrity yet. Another example of how Manx Radio is totally stupid. I must admit I do like the fresh blood but they are not egotistic and do some proper good broadcasting keeping their feet on the ground

I can't even listen now without wanting to rip the radio out of my car and throw it out the window. (Rubber) Jonny Moss was bad enough the other day but Jo Pack genuinely makes me want to vomit. She's such an awful wanna-be arse kisser and clearly knows fuck all about anything TT related. It's just awful. But it doesn't really matter to those in charge as they'll get paid their massive salaries whatever laughable tawdry old shite gets pumped out on the radio. 

• Like 1