Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

28 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Not sure what you mean.  

When I looked a few days ago the "anti" brigade petition count had basically stalled at about 4.5k. I wondered if that was because the "listen again" link they had posted up was now defunct as MR had removed the recording. When I looked at Stu's FB entry this morning I also looked at the smear campaign to find some folks were signing up to it!

Something drew their attention to it. It just made me think, that's all. I wouldn't have included the opposition in any post of mine that's for sure...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, P.K. said:

If MR didn't receive a complaint from the trio who rang in determined to be outraged then why was any action taken at all....?

Presumably because they received complaints from other listeners.  You don't have to have been involved in or been the target of a programme to complain about (you may be getting confused with IPSO which tries to limit who can complain about a newspaper article).  According to Manx Radio's website:

We strive to provide high standards and to deliver them in a professional manner, recognised and appreciated by the listening public. If you are unhappy or dissatisfied with parts of our service, however, we want to know. If there are problems we want to be able to consider them and, where appropriate, take steps to put them right.

If you have a complaint about a programme, in the first instance contact the station. The staff in the department concerned will try and solve the difficulty. If, after this, you are still unhappy, you should write or ask to speak to the Managing Director.

[...] Should you still not be satisfied with the advice received you have the right to take the matter up with the Communications Commission. This body is responsible for licensing and regulating broadcasting in the Isle of Man. Part of the Commission's job is to ensure that licensees, including Manx Radio, honour their obligations.

Technically you don't even have to have heard the whole programme, though they might not take very seriously someone who said "I want to complain about what Stu Peters said, even though I haven't heard it" or indeed "Reinstate Stu Peters because I think he said nothing wrong - even though I haven't listened to the whole programme".

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Roger Mexico said:

Presumably because they received complaints from other listeners.  You don't have to have been involved in or been the target of a programme to complain about (you may be getting confused with IPSO which tries to limit who can complain about a newspaper article).  According to Manx Radio's website:

You don't know that though.

You can be pretty much certain that those who rang in determined to be outraged would have complained because that was their aim from the start.

I wonder if Stu knows who complained...?

PK.... You don't know that though. [ copy ]

You can be pretty much certain that those who rang in determined to be outraged would have complained because that was their aim from the start. [ paste ]  You don't know that though

He wouldn't be given any names.

55 minutes ago, Kopek said:

PK.... You don't know that though. [ copy ]

You can be pretty much certain that those who rang in determined to be outraged would have complained because that was their aim from the start. [ paste ]  You don't know that though

He wouldn't be given any names.

I can't imagine that amongst those listening that there would be anyone who would have complained, other than those who staged the thing. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, quilp said:

It's also hard to imagine that almost 10,000 individuals who've signed up to those petitions, for or against Stu, either listened live or read the transcripts. 

I think you could say with some certainty that those signing the lynch mob witch hunt petition didn't listen either live or retrospectively. 

If they did they wouldn't have signed.

1 hour ago, quilp said:

It's also hard to imagine that almost 10,000 individuals who've signed up to those petitions, for or against Stu, either listened live or read the transcripts. 

No I can’t imagine that his show has more than 25 listeners usually.