Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

54 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Somehow, I managed to lose my comment.  This is worth a watch as it gives an outsider's view of the IOM, but that outsider has knowledge of the IOM. 

She also makes a good point about just about everyone having some struggle or other, not least women! 

The measure of the person is not the struggles they face, but how they deal with them.  It is for every individual to take responsibility for themselves and do the right thing for themselves and their neighbour, regardless of gender, sexuality, race or religion and that is why ALL LIVES MATTER and I cannot fathom anyone taking exception to that basic precept. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, KERED said:

What I meant to say was that my problem with Mr Peters was that during his years of hosting Talking Heads etc.,  was his incessant pushing of his own viewpoint over and over.

This point was made in some of the comments of the petition supporting Stu Peters, but they said on this matter they support him.

I don't agree with his viewpoint towards global warming and Greta Thunberg, for example, but it doesn't stop me tuning in. Big_When/small_if Stu Peters comes back on air perhaps I should put my viewpoint forward to him. There said it.

11 minutes ago, gettafa said:

This point was made in some of the comments of the petition supporting Stu Peters, but they said on this matter they support him.

I don't agree with his viewpoint towards global warming and Greta Thunberg, for example, but it doesn't stop me tuning in. Big_When/small_if Stu Peters comes back on air perhaps I should put my viewpoint forward to him. There said it.

I absolutely think you should, I don't think that Stu Peter's actually avoids different opinions, he may not agree with them,  but he doesn't close down different views.  Truth be known, he would have avoided this shitstorm, if he had done so earlier in the show. 

15 hours ago, Gladys said:

Somehow, I managed to lose my comment.  This is worth a watch as it gives an outsider's view of the IOM, but that outsider has knowledge of the IOM. 

She also makes a good point about just about everyone having some struggle or other, not least women! 

The measure of the person is not the struggles they face, but how they deal with them.  It is for every individual to take responsibility for themselves and do the right thing for themselves and their neighbour, regardless of gender, sexuality, race or religion and that is why ALL LIVES MATTER and I cannot fathom anyone taking exception to that basic precept. 

Look at the other videos she posts.

Here she is telling us that two women who were pelted with coins and harrassed by a group of boys because of their sexuality (the courts words, not mine) were not eing targetted because of their sexuality - basically she's just calling them attention seekers

There are loads more videos there - including lots supporting Tommy Robinson. So basically another entitled right-wing shill. The type that probably callers herself "Christian".

I make no comment on the Stu Peters thing, because I like him. But this is not your best example in his defence, Gladys.

edit: Just for fun, I've attached her Twitter where she defends Milo Yiannopoulos, Katie Hopkins and Alex Jones. So on that basis I'll add this: if you are agreeing with this woman, you are siding with views shared by people like that. If that's where you want to be - fine - but know what you are doing and know who you are.

oioi.PNG

Edited by parchedpeas
  • Like 5

Thanks Parched Peas,  but once again you are being binary - I know what I am doing and who I am.  Just because I found her views interesting on this topic, mainly from her knowledge of the IOM, but also because she believes in the responsibility of the individual and self-determination, does not mean I agree with her on all aspects.  Some may call that choosy, others may say it is discerning. 

Like most people, my views on various topics do not follow a consistent dogma, I am anti-organised religion, dislike privatisation of, and profiteering from, services which protect and care for the vulnerable in society, dislike disproportionately  high taxation of the wealthy,  believe in reward, dislike exploitation whether that is by big business of the individual or the individual of the welfare state, and so on. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

And disproportionately high (direct and indirect) taxation of the unwealthy?

And hat-tip to The Teapot for the tweet on Rees-Mogg in the Rashford thread in International News - that's a belter.

Edited by Non-Believer
Extra bit
  • Like 1

I agree, Neil, but taxation is used as an economic and political tool, indirect taxes being one of the tools in the armoury.  My views above are simplistic, I understand, but there is great scope for simply applied taxation, certainly in the UK.  However, that will never happen as it is the main tool of party politics and enforcing an ideology. 

19 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

And disproportionately high (direct and indirect) taxation of the unwealthy?

And hat-tip to The Teapot for the tweet on Rees-Mogg in the Rashford thread in International News - that's a belter.

The thing about that tweet is I have no idea if it is true, although that no longer seems to matter.