Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

5 minutes ago, La Colombe said:

For something that you hate so much, you seem to tune in an awful lot. 

Some folk do , bit like a poster on this site who dislikes the TT?MGP/motorcyclists/etc who never fails to trawl through the internet etc and post anything that portrays motorcyclists /road racing negatively :lol:.

It's a bit of an obsession , funny old world.:)

Hope this helps:flowers:

14 hours ago, Chef Raekwon said:

I've listened to Chris Williams the last few mornings and I'm beginning to think that Alan Partridge is at least partly inspired by him.

Honestly the man's "banter" is incredibly shit.  He played "Goodbye To Jane" this morning and is it faded out he bizarrely started repeating "goodbye to Jane" in a bad Yorkshire accent before carrying on with a few "eee by gums" and the like.  He's badly unfunny, like some kind of parody shit DJ.

....   and placing his personal bog-roll on the desktop, in full view of the studio webcam, hardly suggests professionalism.

2 hours ago, La Colombe said:

For something that you hate so much, you seem to tune in an awful lot. 

Of course I do. It's TT and Im having to tune in for road closure updates and info on the Practices - other than that I wouldn't bother as it's just shite. But having to tune in this week and having to hear the likes of Moss and Pack and their boring amateurish waffle just pisses me off that I'm paying for such complete cack via my taxes. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, hboy said:

Of course I do. It's TT and Im having to tune in for road closure updates and info on the Practices - other than that I wouldn't bother as it's just shite. But having to tune in this week and having to hear the likes of Moss and Pack and their boring amateurish waffle just pisses me off that I'm paying for such complete cack via my taxes. 

Yeah, that's fair enough, I also never listen and have never heard of Jo Pack before, but I've heard little bits of the radio here and there on other people's radios and yeah, it is horrible. 

9 minutes ago, Chris Williams said:

I am Alan Partridges love child KERED and I use quite a lot of toilet roll having read some of the sxxx on here. By the way, I fail to see what a roll of toilet roll in the studio has to do with radio professionalism.

Did you just mention the word professionalism and try to connect to a Manx Radio story :rolleyes:

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Chris Williams said:

I am Alan Partridges love child KERED and I use quite a lot of toilet roll having read some of the sxxx on here. By the way, I fail to see what a roll of toilet roll in the studio has to do with radio professionalism.

Having a roll on such close standby does suggest that you might have a bad dose of the squitters though Chris which I'm sure is less than professional. I'm sure your listeners don't want to be left with the impression that on those long irritating and annoying advertising breaks; while they're being brain washed by some top quality annoying jingles you're pebble-dashing the inside of a musty port-a-loo like a Glastonbury professional! 

Edited by JackCarter
  • Like 1