Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

10 minutes ago, woolley said:

Now we are being told there is no racial dimension to this. Usual pattern of denying what people have seen with their own eyes. A bit like we were told that the Pakistani grooming gangs were not racists grooming white girls. Next, the dreamers who have never faced these situations in their lives will be along to tell us how it will all go away as people learn to live together in harmony. 

It does happen.  I am not denying that.  I know of one area in the UK where a white person was discouraged from buying a house because he was not a Muslim.  

I am simply stating that such behaviour is not restricted to one group.  There are plenty of deprived areas that are 'ruled' over by gangs who are engaged in crime such as drugs, guns, thefts and violence.

You are only seeing what you want to see.  You fail to recognise that every race has a subset who engage in anti-social and criminal behaviour 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

It does happen.  I am not denying that.  I know of one area in the UK where a white person was discouraged from buying a house because he was not a Muslim.  

I am simply stating that such behaviour is not restricted to one group.  There are plenty of deprived areas that are 'ruled' over by gangs who are engaged in crime such as drugs, guns, thefts and violence.

You are only seeing what you want to see.  You fail to recognise that every race has a subset who engage in anti-social and criminal behaviour 

And you are ignoring what you don't want to see, as does the BBC et al. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, woolley said:

Typical example and entirely as predicted. "It's not happening. Shoot the messenger and it will go away." 

Bollox.

My post is entirely correct.

People like you ARE part of the problem.

But entirely as predicted you can't see it.

There are none so blind...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

My point FWIW was that being a Muslim is not a racial issue but a religious one.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

You hear about these no go areas, but no one ever says where exactly they are. 

I wouldn't doubt that affected locals would be able to show you though. And maybe even the Police who are reportedly reluctant to enter in some cases.

It matters not whether it's religion, creed or crime based. It shouldn't be happening in this day and age. This shouldn't be a ghetto society, policed by certain groups of inhabitants.

And in many cases it can justifiably be construed as having no intention of integrating into the society that has welcomed them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

Very true.

Yaxley-Lennon et al thrive on grooming gangs whose origins tend to be the sub-continent. Because they are pandering to their hard of thinking support base aka racists.

There are also, unfortunately, white christian anglo-saxon grooming gangs who fail to make it into the alternative reality MMS because they won't sell newspapers....

Totally disagree I found it great that someone who had had experience in this field and does a lot of research into anything he is tasked with has been given this role.   Rob worked long and hard on the Eastern plan and he sent correspondence with maps enclosures to everyone who had contacted him about it, he still keeps us up to date with developments.  I thought it was a well conducted interview.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, P.K. said:

There are also, unfortunately, white christian anglo-saxon grooming gangs who fail to make it into the alternative reality MMS because they won't sell newspapers....

Apologist wishful thinking. There is nothing on the same scale or so entrenched in one defined community. 

Edited by woolley
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Holte End said:

Manx Radio hits new low.

Party Political Braodcasts on mannin line today.

Thought  I was tuning into Children Champion talking about the role.

Instead the worse case electioneering.

Rob is a great man, and he spent the best part of an hour telling the listeners what a wonderful person he is. (Seems I have been underestimating the size of his ego.)   

I don't agree that it was a well conducted interview. All it needed was Micheal Aspel with the big red book, and it could have been "This Is Your Life."

• Haha 5