Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

2 hours ago, hissingsid said:

I thought it was a well conducted interview.

So why did Whitless not asked him about working for the Louis Group. You can't ask him about his working life and completely miss that out.FFS.

Where is the journalistic Integrity.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, woolley said:

I can vouch for this and much more, Max. Have family living close to areas that have been taken over by Asians who live by their own code, do not assimilate and have no intention of doing so. 

Where is this place? Where is the area that has been "taken over"?

1 minute ago, parchedpeas said:

You won't get a proper answer because no one ever gives one. You might get the name of a city or a town, but you won't get any details.

6 minutes ago, parchedpeas said:

Do you not travel? Pockets of tension exist in Bradford and other Yorkshire towns, Oldham and other Lancashire mill towns, Leicester, and the East End of London. There are others. They are not no go areas as such, but you will be stared at as you walk down the street, foreign flags will fly, adverts for products or services that are deemed to be "offensive" will be covered up or removed. Sometimes the undercurrent erupts into open hostility to the individual. There is also antagonism between different ethnic groups, usually those of varying Asian heritage. I appreciate that it's easy to sit in the Isle of Man and believe that such reports are fanciful, particularly when all media and officialdom turns a blind eye.

7 minutes ago, woolley said:

Do you not travel? Pockets of tension exist in Bradford and other Yorkshire towns, Oldham and other Lancashire mill towns, Leicester, and the East End of London. There are others. They are not no go areas as such, but you will be stared at as you walk down the street, foreign flags will fly, adverts for products or services that are deemed to be "offensive" will be covered up or removed. Sometimes the undercurrent erupts into open hostility to the individual. There is also antagonism between different ethnic groups, usually those of varying Asian heritage. I appreciate that it's easy to sit in the Isle of Man and believe that such reports are fanciful, particularly when all media and officialdom turns a blind eye.

I found Leicester really friendly. Must be one of the highest proportion of non-white people there anywhere in the UK. Had a great few weeks. Pretty well mixed place I'd say. Maybe it's more about who you are if you get stared at?

• Like 1