Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

12 minutes ago, P.K. said:

I trust Mr Maguire will be apologising to Mr Peters for so publicly misrepresenting what was said...

He (Maguire) has been a prize tit. He's also undermined a cause (anti-racism) where he could have and hopefully still will make far more useful contributions. The Island clearly does still have a problem. The young lady who had an interview published on the IoM Newspapers site portrayed things very well and I hope more thought will follow from that. I also hope Mr Maguire will quietly apologise to Stu. However I also hope that most here will recognise that young men do make mistakes and will not attempt to pillory him for it.

Edited by Yibble
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

You can't just 'give someone a slot' although I am happy to be proved wrong.. There needs to be aptitude for the job, personality and a certain amount of training required. Certainly many of today's senior presenters did *ahem* discos and stuff before entering the word of broadcasting, many had a natural leaning to the job.

Anyway, we'll see.

14 minutes ago, gettafa said:

You can't just 'give someone a slot' although I am happy to be proved wrong.. There needs to be aptitude for the job, personality and a certain amount of training required. Certainly many of today's senior presenters did *ahem* discos and stuff before entering the word of broadcasting, many had a natural leaning to the job.

Anyway, we'll see.

What are you on about?

On 6/21/2020 at 10:07 AM, hissingsid said:

Isle of Man Creamery actions were over the top and premature, in their statement they thanked some woman for drawing attention to the matter, so someone complained to them and on one listeners whine they kicked off.   Pathe:stupid:tic 

Have you got a link Sid?

1 minute ago, Declan said:

Establishment clears its own. Shouldn’t have expected any less. 

I don't like what Stu said one bit, but I can't see how it could have been a breach of this:

xq88jAt.png

It doesn't help that the thing is written in incredibly wishy-washy language, but I suspect I'd have found the same conclusion.

• Thanks 1

Just now, HeliX said:

I don't like what Stu said one bit, but I can't see how it could have been a breach of this:

xq88jAt.png

It doesn't help that the thing is written in incredibly wishy-washy language, but I suspect I'd have found the same conclusion.

That’ll be why the Radio station referred the show to the Commission, rather than take action themselves. 

1 hour ago, gettafa said:

Anyway, we'll see.

If I was an employer in any industry I would bin Jordan’s CV the second it landed in my Inbox. Can you imagine the trouble he’d cause for you if he was working within your company in his pursuit to be offended by anything and everything.  

Edited by Terminal
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Terminal said:

If I was an employer in any industry I would bin this guy’s CV the second it landed in my Inbox. Can you imagine the trouble he’d cause for you if he was working within your company in his pursuit to be offended by anything everything.  

If ignorance is bliss, you should be a very happy person 

5 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Sad student. How do you think you are viewed?

How come you suggest anyone who doesn't agree with you is a student and should care more about what other people think of them? Not trying to be a dick, just curious.