Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

40 minutes ago, Terminal said:

If I was an employer in any industry I would bin Jordan’s CV the second it landed in my Inbox. Can you imagine the trouble he’d cause for you if he was working within your company in his pursuit to be offended by anything everything.  

I doubt his CV specifically makes reference to the fact that he’s a shit stirring twat who likes to get radio hosts sacked for fun. 

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Declan said:

I’d prefer he apologised and learnt from his experience. But I think that would have happened by now if it was ever going to.

Can you enlighten the forum by indicating what he has to apologise for and what exactly was it that he had to learn from his experience?

• Thanks 2

Just now, quilp said:

Can you enlighten the forum by indicating what he has to apologise for and what exactly was it that he had to learn from his experience?

I suppose it'd be nice if he realised that life is harder in the West for people who aren't white, and apologised for stating that wasn't the case during a call about a black man being murdered by employees of the state.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Declan said:

I’d prefer he apologised and learnt from his experience. But I think that would have happened by now if it was ever going to. 

I don’t particularly want him sacked over this, but if he’s pensioned off (with others) in the next reshuffle it would improve the station. 

1.  He has nothing to apologise for, read the decision.

2.  What is the difference between pensioned off and sacked?

3. It may improve the station, but that is your opinion.  You know, the thing that we are all entitled to have. 

If anything,  this decision is a validation of the need for open discussion and debate on this important topic, without the bullying of one very vocal side against the others, as there are more than one opposing view, not just the pure racist.   The Commission found that Stu had not stifled opposing views and had read out texts and emails that were critical of his view as well as those supportive, the debate was in most part calm and open. 

That is what is needed, but with the fervour if the BLM camp, their only objective is to cancel any opposing or challenging view, which is the very thing they accuse anyone who is not 100% behind BLM of doing. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, quilp said:

I can find nothing in the transcript which relates specifically to either of your premises. 

Paraphrasing because I don't have the transcript open, but "I have (or I've had, I forget) no more privilege as a white man than you've had as a black man."

47 minutes ago, HeliX said:

The assertion that the FSU will take Manx Radio to task if they don't reinstate Stu seems curiously authoritarian for an entity supposedly in favour of free speech.

"curiously authoritarian"? What are the BLM and Antifa movements if not authoritarian? Do you think they're not attempting to quash free speech and expression? And what's wrong with endorsing everyone's right to free speech? 

• Like 2

Just now, quilp said:

"curiously authoritarian"? What are the BLM and Antifa movements if not authoritarian? Do you think they're not attempting to quash free speech and expression? And what's wrong with endorsing everyone's right to free speech? 

Bit of whataboutism in this post innit! :)

No I don't think BLM or Antifa are trying to quash free speech and expression.

There's nothing wrong with endorsing everyone's right to free speech. But I can't see how that has anything to do with what Manx Radio decides to do about one of their employees?

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, HeliX said:

I suppose it'd be nice if he realised that life is harder in the West for people who aren't white, and apologised for stating that wasn't the case during a call about a black man being murdered by employees of the state.

Clown