Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

Just now, HeliX said:

Bit of whataboutism in this post innit! :)

No I don't think BLM or Antifa are trying to quash free speech and expression.

There's nothing wrong with endorsing everyone's right to free speech. But I can't see how that has anything to do with what Manx Radio decides to do about one of their employees?

Read the decision, it talks about freedom of speech. 

The point Helix is that BLM supporters do want to suppress any view that is not 100% aligned with their indecipherable objectives - see the discussion in that thread yesterday  about their stance on the nuclear family and homosexuality.  MR were cleared of any breach, ergo Stu has not breached the code and there can be no grounds for him losing his job because if this fiasco. So, it does have a lot to do with freedom of speech. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Gladys said:

BLM supporters do want to suppress any view that is not 100% aligned with their indecipherable objectives

I don't think this is accurate based on anything I've read.

Being cleared of a breach of programming doesn't automatically clear him to his employer though does it? There's lots of things I could say that aren't illegal that my employer would take serious issue with.

2 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Being cleared of a breach of programming doesn't automatically clear him to his employer though does it? There's lots of things I could say that aren't illegal that my employer would take serious issue with.

Get a fucking life

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, HeliX said:

It wouldn't be a good look for Manx Radio if Stu isn't restored to the air though, would it? Decision makes the Creamery's statement look pretty stupid too.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, woolley said:

Do you not travel? Pockets of tension exist in Bradford and other Yorkshire towns, Oldham and other Lancashire mill towns, Leicester, and the East End of London. There are others. They are not no go areas as such, but you will be stared at as you walk down the street, foreign flags will fly, adverts for products or services that are deemed to be "offensive" will be covered up or removed. Sometimes the undercurrent erupts into open hostility to the individual. There is also antagonism between different ethnic groups, usually those of varying Asian heritage. I appreciate that it's easy to sit in the Isle of Man and believe that such reports are fanciful, particularly when all media and officialdom turns a blind eye.

Sorry, not sure I was clear and that must explain why you replied with a list of general-isms and softened your position from "no-go area" to "not no-go areas as such".
So, back to it: where is the place that you have family that you (and, I assume, they) deem is a "no-go" area?

You ask me if I travel and say "that it's easy to sit in the Isle of Man and believe that such reports are fanciful". Is it not also possible to ask if you travel? And if the answer is yes, then you can tell me where you've been where you've seen these "no go areas" and if the answer is no then I could easily respond that it's easy to sit in the Isle of Man and believe that such reports are true.

The reason I ask is simple - you either know that this place exists and you can point me to it, or you're simply repeating stuff you've heard / read on the internet and pointing at a few other places such as Oldham (last census: almost 8 out of 10 people were White British) where there are issues of poverty but where, since the mills closed, there has always been issues of poverty.

I don't expect I'll get a response. I never get a response.

He shouldnt be reinstated.

He posted racist comments on this forum then backed up his racist comment using his radio show and showed no respect to the caller.

He is an embarrassment. I am amazed that there is so little negative feeling towards him. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, woolley said:

It wouldn't be a good look for Manx Radio if Stu isn't restored to the air though, would it? Decision makes the Creamery's statement look pretty stupid too.

Like I said, there's plenty of things I could say that wouldn't violate any laws but that my employer would take serious issue with.

4 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I am happy that you snowflakes have taken a pasting 

when are you going to see sense ?

What pasting? What snowflakes?

If coming on a forum throwing insults at people who you don't agree with is sense, you can keep it.

Edited by HeliX

20 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Sigh, this is like persuading a child.  

BLM's consistent mantra if you do not support us, you oppose us and are racist.  What I am saying is that precludes proper discussion with those who challenge and disagree with a whole spectrum of views, from the extreme racist to the liberal anti-racist.  

Being cleared of a breach means, in my book, that MR would be on very sticky ground if they dismiss him for that reason.  If another reason is cited, then there would be an uphill struggle  short of him committing a criminal offence, for them to be able to sustain an argument that it was nothing to do with this, even a charge of bringing the station into disrepute would be entirely unsustainable, in my view. 

Fact is, if you read the decision, that the CC have made recommendations for MR management to take and to learn from this. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1