Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

Just now, Gladys said:

Sigh, this is like persuading a child.  

BLM's consistent mantra if you do not support us, you oppose us and are racist.  What I am saying is that precludes proper discussion with those who challenge and disagree with a whole spectrum of views, from the extreme racist to the liberal anti-racist.  

Being cleared of a breach means, in my book, that MR would be on very sticky ground if they dismiss him for that reason.  If another reason is cited, then there would be an uphill struggle  short of him committing a criminal offence, for them to be able to sustain an argument that it was nothing to do with this, even a charge of bringing the station into disrepute would be entirely unsustainable, in my view. 

Fact is, if you read the decision, that the CC have made recommendations for MR management to ake and to learn from this. 

"BLM's consistent mantra if you do not support us, you oppose us and are racist."

You can't just make claims like that without backing them up.

"Being cleared of a breach means, in my book, that MR would be on very sticky ground if they dismiss him for that reason. "

Why? They're not bound to only release people who have breached IOMCC guidelines.

2 minutes ago, TomTucker said:

He shouldnt be reinstated.

He posted racist comments on this forum then backed up his racist comment using his radio show and showed no respect to the caller.

He is an embarrassment. I am amazed that there is so little negative feeling towards him. 

You do realise that is probably defamatory now that the CC have ruled?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, HeliX said:

"BLM's consistent mantra if you do not support us, you oppose us and are racist." 

You can't just make claims like that without backing them up. they are not claims just look at any pro BLM slogan. 

"Being cleared of a breach means, in my book, that MR would be on very sticky ground if they dismiss him for that reason. "

Why? They're not bound to only release people who have breached IOMCC guidelines. Read what I said, the very sentence you have quoted. 

1 minute ago, Gladys said:

they are not claims just look at any pro BLM slogan. 

I honestly haven't found any claims that if you don't support the actions of BLM you're racist. I'm not convinced BLM are the absolute best way to go about things. Better than nowt, mind you. Which appears to be the available alternative.

Read what I said, the very sentence you have quoted. 

I know you said "in your book", but I was questioning why.

Just now, HeliX said:

I honestly haven't found any claims that if you don't support the actions of BLM you're racist. I'm not convinced BLM are the absolute best way to go about things. Better than nowt, mind you. Which appears to be the available alternative.

I know you said "in your book", but I was questioning why.

No, "for that reason".  FFS, Helix.