Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

1 minute ago, HeliX said:

Or that they'd rather the CC didn't reprimand MR for allowing the content to take place.

The CC made it very clear that the nature of that kind of show, instant interaction, had a bearing.

So clearly you think the radio station is to blame in case the callers have an agenda?

1 minute ago, woolley said:

What was the answer? I've often wondered.

I think it was a simple, "yes". 

Having said that, I didn't mind them, wouldn't have gone to a concert or bought one of their albums, but they were not objectionable. 

2 minutes ago, P.K. said:

The CC made it very clear that the nature of that kind of show, instant interaction, had a bearing.

So clearly you think the radio station is to blame in case the callers have an agenda?

No, "clearly", I don't. I was speculating on MRs possible intentions in response to a hypothetical question. Come on now :)

2 minutes ago, HeliX said:

No, "clearly", I don't. I was speculating on MRs possible intentions in response to a hypothetical question. Come on now :)

It's your bandwidth.

You can easte it any way you choose...

Reposted from the BLM thread at Woolys suggestion.

Highlighted to clarify to the current position that Manx Radio may find theirselves in now.

----------------------------------------------------------

''  That is BLM's mantra. ''

It may be the mantra of some extremists in the BLM movement. They were probably extremists in other groups before BLM came along.

All campaigns seem to attract extremists/ looters/ rioters.?

Just as  the Save our Stu /  denigrate the BLM,  attracts extremists who  post an anti-semitic joke about Jewish noses while claiming righteous indignation at the treatment of Stu.

Stu P must be proud of his support on here!!!

Further, I doubt you are making it easier for MR to re-instate him given the extremist support he has. Would they want to be associated with that?

----------------------------------------------------------------

The CC report does not find any 'intention' to incite Racial hatred and why would Manx Radio or Stu Peters  intend to do that anyway? However, it has caused an extreme of racial comments here on Manx Forums and, no doubt further afield on social media,  denigrating the Black issues intended to be brought to the attention of the World because of the latest US police action. The World has accepted that, on this wave of publicity, all attempts should be made to further the cause  of racial integration.

It is this support for Stu Peters from extremists,  trying incessantly to downplay the BLM intentions , a cause which Manx Radio supported with its coverage that could make it hard for Manx Radio to wish to be associated with such extreme views purely to support Stu Peters retaining his job at the expense of the validity of the BLM.

You may have done Stu P a disservice  with your support on here?

Regarding Free Speech, the last para of the report should be of  the greatest concern, advocating a delay to edit and censor this type of programme?

Also the curtailing of social media comments by MR staff!

Edited by Kopek
+++

13 minutes ago, Kopek said:

Reposted from the BLM thread at Woolys suggestion.

Highlighted to clarify to the current position that Manx Radio may find theirselves in now.

----------------------------------------------------------

''  That is BLM's mantra. ''

It may be the mantra of some extremists in the BLM movement. They were probably extremists in other groups before BLM came along.

All campaigns seem to attract extremists/ looters/ rioters.?

Just as  the Save our Stu /  denigrate the BLM,  attracts extremists who  post an anti-semitic joke about Jewish noses while claiming righteous indignation at the treatment of Stu.

Stu P must be proud of his support on here!!!

Further, I doubt you are making it easier for MR to re-instate him given the extremist support he has. Would they want to be associated with that?

----------------------------------------------------------------

The CC report does not find any 'intention' to incite Racial hatred and why would Manx Radio or Stu Peters  intend to do that anyway? However, it has caused an extreme of racial comments here on Manx Forums and, no doubt further afield on social media,  denigrating the Black issues intended to be brought to the attention of the World because of the latest US police action. The World has accepted that, on this wave of publicity, all attempts should be made to further the cause  of racial integration.

It is this support for Stu Peters from extremists,  trying incessantly to downplay the BLM intentions , a cause which Manx Radio supported with its coverage that could make it hard for Manx Radio to wish to be associated with such extreme views purely to support Stu Peters retaining his job at the expense of the validity of the BLM.

You may have done Stu P a disservice  with your support on here?

Regarding Free Speech, the last para of the report should be of  the greatest concern, advocating a delay to edit and censor this type of programme?

Also the curtailing of social media comments by MR staff!

How do you interpret my comment as anti-semitic?  Why didn't you challenge me straightaway, isn't that what you should do? Whose nose was I referring to? 

4 hours ago, Declan said:

I’d prefer he apologised and learnt from his experience. But I think that would have happened by now if it was ever going to. 

I don’t particularly want him sacked over this, but if he’s pensioned off (with others) in the next reshuffle it would improve the station. 

How do you know who the replacements would be?

3 hours ago, TomTucker said:

He shouldnt be reinstated.

He posted racist comments on this forum then backed up his racist comment using his radio show and showed no respect to the caller.

He is an embarrassment. I am amazed that there is so little negative feeling towards him. 

Oh jeez. Who is this 'jump on our forum' dick who hasn't read the CC's decision on this, really what a charade it was in the first place!!

You don't do the real effort (I hope) that BLM need to achieve, which is one of understanding and fundamental change, any favours at all with this attitude.

Go back to wherever you came from. This is NOT a forum for you.

Edited by Sentience
  • Like 3