Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

15 hours ago, rodders said:

Sorry but I have to go back on topic. Any suggestions for Stu's playlist on Wednesday? Twisted Sister, I Am I'm Me for me. 

Shine ,by Ry Cooder, The Revolutiion will not be televised, by Gil Scott Heron,and just incase Asian,One armed,Polo shirt wearing women get offended,  "Mr Wu can still play table tennis now" by K D Lang...think thats everyone covered.

• Haha 1

Listening to Mr Baker on mannin line. Am I alone in thinking he sounds totally out of his depth.  He seemed to have problems actually stringing words together to make a sentence. 

I finished off feeling sorry for him.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Shake me up Judy said:

There's a new lad on the Late Show tonight that I hope you'll all support. Tune in at 10:00pm.

I'd rather clean my ears with a hilti gun...

• Haha 2

He should be allowed to take comments by text about interesting happenings it will be like the other two stations if it is just unadulterated music.   Black is black I believe is the new introductory music :ph34r: followed by That old black magic.  My god he is going to have to be super careful what tunes he plays.   Meanwhile the Bishop is scouring the cemetery’s for slaves graves.   What a carry on.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, hissingsid said:

He should be allowed to take comments by text about interesting happenings it will be like the other two stations if it is just unadulterated music.   Black is black I believe is the new introductory music :ph34r: followed by That old black magic.  My god he is going to have to be super careful what tunes he plays.   Meanwhile the Bishop is scouring the cemetery’s for slaves graves.   What a carry on.

Maybe get the boy Brindley to choose the music for a couple of weeks. I appreciate that would be extreme. Perhaps Stu should have a guard of honour to enter the building tonight.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, NoTail said:

Listening to Mr Baker on mannin line. Am I alone in thinking he sounds totally out of his depth.  He seemed to have problems actually stringing words together to make a sentence. 

I finished off feeling sorry for him.

He totally  didn't care what people phoning in stated,they were all wrong and they didn't understand the patronizing prat.

He really has had a personality bypass.

Nobody ask him, the last time he travelled from where he lives to Douglas on a bus.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, woolley said:

the boy Brindley 

Ugh. You make Manx Radio sound like familiar friends and family. As if we were all somehow part of its world.

Where as, in reality, it's just tinpot national local talk radio for the elderly.

I'm pleased that chap got his job back for the moment because he didn't do anything wrong. But broadcasting is a dead medium. The people who would once have done radio would do something else today.

It isn't for us older folks

The Wall To Wall Brindley System is targeted at the young

Given the crap internet capacity we're paying 'top dollar' for, I'd rather our money was directed at upgrading the islands digital infrastructure

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, pongo said:

Ugh. You make Manx Radio sound like familiar friends and family. As if we were all somehow part of its world.

Where as, in reality, it's just tinpot national local talk radio for the elderly.

I'm pleased that chap got his job back for the moment because he didn't do anything wrong. But broadcasting is a dead medium. The people who would once have done radio would do something else today.

So you've been saying for........ how many years now?

(We are all part of its world as long as it has its hand in our pockets.)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

I think he's Manx but has unfortunately suffered a Yorkshire personality transplant

Yorkshire born at least:

Born: 1966, Mirfield, West Yorkshire. 

Education: Educated at Castle Rushen High School, subsequently graduated from Cambridge University (Emmanuel College) with a Master's degree in Economics. Qualified as a Chartered Accountant (ACA) in 1990.

[...]Career: Trained as a Chartered Accountant with Arthur Andersen in Manchester. Subsequently spent 25 years in financial and management leadership roles across various sectors in the North of England, principally as Finance Director - including Glyn-Webb Wallpapers, RAC AutoWindscreens, Homeserve Claims Management and Kitbag.com. Returned to the Isle of Man in 2009 to take up the role of Group Finance Director at DLP Limited.

And maybe spent a lot of time there.