Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

1 hour ago, HeliX said:

As for why she'd want to remain anonymous though, several people in this thread said words to the effect of "I wouldn't want to hire that Jordan bloke"...

That isn't because he's black though is it? There are plenty of people of all races, and certainly plenty of whites, who embrace victimhood as a torch to carry through life. You wouldn't want to hire any of them with that attitude.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

It is an LFC teapot yes. It's to continually remind everyone, but you specifically, that Liverpool have won the league. Just in case anyone had forgotten. Just imagine how great a cup of tea served from that pot would be. 

How did they win again? 

19 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

It is an LFC teapot yes. It's to continually remind everyone, but you specifically, that Liverpool have won the league. Just in case anyone had forgotten. Just imagine how great a cup of tea served from that pot would be. 

It would probably be quite bitter:thumbsup:

It's sort of funny how no one seems to care or notice.  A couple of people crowing but most of the fan base is either less than 11 years old or middle to old aged (and well past really caring about football).  Neither bracket really cares that much.

If the world has one thing to thank Covid 19 for it's been the total underwhelming "celebrations".

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Uhtred said:

More fool them.

Well, who knows? The answer is nobody. They might be the fools or you might be. I wouldn't want to call it either way. Our understanding is infinitesimal so how can we presume? Einstein's relationship with religion was ambivalent. Hawking was an atheist. I favour Darwin's eventual take as an agnostic, although he confronted the subject repeatedly, picking away at it throughout his life.

I don't believe in life after death because I consider such notions are the preserve of those who cannot deal with the concept of their own mortality and who, for their sanity, have to construct a fantasy within which their existence is perpetuated for all time. It's understandable as a comfortable place to dwell, though not persuasive nor deserving of particular respect. It's more a weakness to pity. We are born, we live, we die. End of story.

As for a creator, I don't subscribe to any organised religions for the same reasons that we simply don't have the knowledge to judge, and nor did their founders. But a universal creator is a different matter. Something kicked all of this off somehow. The idea that it involved a higher form of intelligence is no more fanciful than any other explanation, particularly the "it just happened" of the big bang. Given the bizarre nature of the subject, any scenario is going to be exotic.  What we have learned, thanks to Einstein and his successors, tells us that the ultimate explanation of being could well be beyond our capacity to understand.

36 minutes ago, woolley said:

That isn't because he's black though is it? There are plenty of people of all races, and certainly plenty of whites, who embrace victimhood as a torch to carry through life. You wouldn't want to hire any of them with that attitude.

I don't believe I implied it was because he was black? I was suggesting she might want to remain anonymous so as not to have people be less likely to hire her if they're not pleased with the causes she supports.

38 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I wouldn't worry. I am quite certain that we will never be allowed to forget. :weee:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, woolley said:

It’s all getting a bit ludicrous with the BLM thing anyway, I see the Football Clubs are now largely disowning it too by stopping wearing the badges as the whole premise of their argument appears to be increasingly ridiculous. BLM matters more than global warming, starvation, pestilence, global poverty, modern day slavery, and sexism. And anyone who says anything different is going to get attacked and hounded out of their jobs etc. it’s turned very nasty and vindictive and very very dark (excuse the pun) in the way it’s all being executed. But fear not there will be another soon to be over-exposed Woke cause just around the corner that idiots can get even more angry about. 

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Mr Newbie said:

BLM matters more than global warming, starvation, pestilence, global poverty, modern day slavery, and sexism. And anyone who says anything different is going to get attacked and hounded out of their jobs etc.

Alarmist bollocks.

1 hour ago, HeliX said:

Dunno about you, but the amount of pent-up frustration Jordan took out on Stu on that show was only about a day's worth for me :lol:

Did "they" want to lose Stu his livelihood? I only listened to the first bit of that interview this morning because it was 15 minutes long and I couldn't be bothered, but sounded like they were mostly disappointed Stu didn't seem to have any "lessons learned" in his statement.

They seemed to want a grovelling apology, but again based on their particular view of the world and what constitutes racism, which has no particular authority from anyone. Why should he accede to that having been exonerated by the regulator? He offered a perfectly legitimate opinion.

• Like 2

Just now, woolley said:

They seemed to want a grovelling apology, but again based on their particular view of the world and what constitutes racism, which has no particular authority from anyone. Why should he accede to that having been exonerated by the regulator? He offered a perfectly legitimate opinion.

Is that true? Certainly everything I've read/heard suggests they would've been perfectly happy with "I can see how what I said could be construed as insensitive". Which is hardly grovelling and only half an apology!

1 minute ago, HeliX said:

Alarmist bollocks.

I was going to think long and hard about a response to that but honestly I really don’t give a shit about even reading about BLM any more. It’s boring, it’s repetitive, and it’s childish in it’s use if silly memes and cartoons. It’s a millennials wet dream of hyperbole, bullshit, fake news, brainless activism, and white middle class guilt and general muppetry. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1