Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

1 minute ago, quilp said:

But you didn't listen to but a few moments of the interview, nor, I imagine, read their statement so how would you know..? 

Why are you so intent on imagining what I've done/am doing all the time? I read the entire statement, I read Jordan's statement that he delivered at the protest, and I've read plenty of media in between. 

2 minutes ago, Mr Newbie said:

I was going to think long and hard about a response to that but honestly I really don’t give a shit about even reading about BLM any more. It’s boring, it’s repetitive, and it’s childish in it’s use if silly memes and cartoons. It’s a millennials wet dream of hyperbole, bullshit, fake news, brainless activism, and white middle class guilt and general muppetry. 

If you're not out of a job tomorrow will you agree that what you said was bollocks?

9 minutes ago, woolley said:

I think they would care, so a battering? I think not.

You're right, the players and manager won't allow it. I'm looking forward to it really, no pressure to absolutely have to win, just to perform, and watching Kevin De Bruyne is always a delight.

17 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Is that true? Certainly everything I've read/heard suggests they would've been perfectly happy with "I can see how what I said could be construed as insensitive". Which is hardly grovelling and only half an apology!

I doubt that they'll ever be happy with anything they're likely to get. I suppose he could have said something along the lines of: "I am sorry if you were offended by my perfectly reasonable opinion."

17 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Is that true? Certainly everything I've read/heard suggests they would've been perfectly happy with "I can see how what I said could be construed as insensitive". Which is hardly grovelling and only half an apology!

Try reading some of the comments in the petition. 'They' wanted Stu Peter right off the airwaves, now and forever.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Why are you so intent on imagining what I've done/am doing all the time? I read the entire statement, I read Jordan's statement that he delivered at the protest, and I've read plenty of media in between. 

Surely by now you've realised that BLM is not simply reducible to its most famous slogan? More people are becoming aware that they don't agree with some of the aims that the 'organisation' seeks to achieve. More critical-thinking and less virtue-signalling would've avoided any confusion...

• Like 5

1 minute ago, quilp said:

Surely by now you've realised that BLM is not simply reducible to its most famous slogan? More people are becoming aware that they don't agree with some of the aims that the 'organisation' seeks to achieve. More critical-thinking and less virtue-signalling would've avoided any confusion...

I don't recall every claiming it was reducible to one slogan.

3 minutes ago, gettafa said:

Try reading some of the comments in the petition. 'They' wanted Stu Peter right off the airwaves, now and forever.

Personally I think he should've gone after the autistic comments. But YMMV.

1 minute ago, TheTeapot said:

You're right, the players and manager won't allow it. I'm looking forward to it really, no pressure to absolutely have to win, just to perform, and watching Kevin De Bruyne is always a delight.

Yes. If I had to select one player from the Premier League for my team, he would be the one. Absolutely superb. City's good fortune that the "special one" let him slip through his fingers. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47932597

20 minutes ago, HeliX said:

If you're not out of a job tomorrow will you agree that what you said was bollocks?

It’s not bollocks and I am so completely bored of the whole thing and all the stupid nonsensical arguments that I really can’t even be arsed talking about it anymore. Give it few weeks and another bullshit “cause” will come along for all the bored middle class white kids to get angry about. It’s about time they all went back to Uni and did something. 

Edited by Mr Newbie
  • Like 1

Just now, Mr Newbie said:

It’s not bollocks and I am so completely bored of the whole thing and all the stupid nonsensical arguments that I really can’t even be arsed talking about it anymore. Give it few weeks and another bullshit “cause” will come along for all the bored middle class white kids to get angry about. It’s about time they look went back to Uni and did something. 

You can't really believe that anyone who thinks BLM isn't more important than climate change will get fired for saying so.

3 minutes ago, HeliX said:

You can't really believe that anyone who thinks BLM isn't more important than climate change will get fired for saying so.

You see you’re doing that incredibly irritating thing that Declan does just to try to perpetuate a silly argument by shifting focus. As I said I can’t be arsed debating it any more. All the bullshit nuances bore the arse off me. The movement has been shown to be baseless and fundamentally flawed and it’s slogan meaningless. That’s me out. As I said I can’t be assed even re-visiting this bullshit. 

Edited by Mr Newbie
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr Newbie said:

You see you’re doing that incredibly irritating thing that Declan does just to try to perpetuate a silly argument by shifting focus. As I said I can’t be arsed debating it any more. All the bullshit nuances bore the arse off me. The movement has been shown to be baseless and fundamentally flawed and it’s slogan meaningless. That’s me out. As I said I can’t be assed even re-visiting this bullshit. 

I'm not trying to shift anything, I'm responding to the comment you posted:

BLM matters more than global warming, starvation, pestilence, global poverty, modern day slavery, and sexism. And anyone who says anything different is going to get attacked and hounded out of their jobs etc.

• Haha 1