Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

2 hours ago, woolley said:

Sorry, Gladys. I thought you were. You seem crazy enough to be sometimes in a good way. I've slapped my wrist hard in repentance.

Of all the things I have heard accountants described as, crazy would not be up there! 

36 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Of all the things I have heard accountants described as, crazy would not be up there! 

Every one of them that I have ever known has been batshit crazy. Just a selection: drunkard (several), criminal, woman addict, jailbird, attempted suicide. I don't think it was anything to do with dealing with me for any of them.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, woolley said:

Every one of them that I have ever known has been batshit crazy. Just a selection: drunkard (several), criminal, woman addict, jailbird, attempted suicide. I don't think it was anything to do with dealing with me for any of them.

LOL, and you thought I was one of them? 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, woolley said:

All characteristics of people who are making too much easy money. I recognise the types that you list as well. When the Island was awash with cash, loads of finance workers went off the rails in one way or another.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shake me up Judy said:

All characteristics of people who are making too much easy money. I recognise the types that you list as well. When the Island was awash with cash, loads of finance workers went off the rails in one way or another.

Very perceptive, SMUJ. 

On 7/2/2020 at 8:58 AM, quilp said:

Seems worded in such a way that suggests there is some sort of conspiracy behind the decision reached by the comms commision and MR. She also opines that there has been a rise in racism since the broadcast and subsequent furore.

Why would she want to remain anonymous? 

Well, just suppose you were quite a high profile local sportswoman, who has been to the Island Games, the Commonwealth Youth Games, the World Youth Athletics Championships, and been on an all expenses paid scholarship at an American University. 

Manx Radio have supported, and reported, your career, over a long period, and have often given you a platform to promote yourself, and your achievements. Now you accuse them of racism, and want to get one of their staff sacked.

Furthermore, local businesses, and sponsors have funded you, to the tunes of many £10,000's and the Manx community has  supported your Gofundme appeal. The Manx Taxpayer has funded your costly medical treatment.

Perhaps you'd want to remain anonymous, as you're concerned, that, if challenged, you might have difficulty demonstrating how you'd been in any way disadvantaged, by anything.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Nellie said:

Well, just suppose you were quite a high profile local sportswoman, who has been to the Island Games, the Commonwealth Youth Games, the World Youth Athletics Championships, and been on an all expenses paid scholarship at an American University. 

Manx Radio have supported, and reported, your career, over a long period, and have often given you a platform to promote yourself, and your achievements. Now you accuse them of racism, and want to get one of their staff sacked.

Furthermore, local businesses, and sponsors have funded you, to the tunes of many £10,000's and the Manx community has  supported your Gofundme appeal. The Manx Taxpayer has funded your costly medical treatment.

Perhaps you'd want to remain anonymous, as you're concerned, that, if challenged, you might have difficulty demonstrating how you'd been in any way disadvantaged, by anything.

Hmmm. Also the support of the Chief Constable?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Nellie said:

I thought the same tbh. Hope I am wrong.