Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

18 hours ago, woolley said:

Did they only manage to sell one effin' advert for Radio TT this year? Jeez. If I hear that infernal Quayside Tyres crap one more time I swear I'll smash the bleedin' radio. Excruciating. I know where I won't be buying tyres.

And the one about "warning the owners of domestic animals etc" that is run every ad break during the commentary!

Just an extra funding method from Government for Radio TT.

I don't know. Shouldn't the best biking station in the world be able to spell Mugen properly? Yes, they should. Who passes this stuff? 

Kiwi rider wins 12th TT

New Zealand ace Bruce Anstey rode to his twelfth TT victory after success in the SES TT Zero.

The Kiwi took the plaudits with a 117.7mph lap in a race which was delayed for two hours to allow the course to dry.

He finished 30 seconds up on runner-up and Mugin teammate Guy Martin.

Daley Mathison also made the podium with a third place finish.

1 minute ago, La Colombe said:

I don't know. Shouldn't the best biking station in the world be able to spell Mugen properly? Yes, they should. Who passes this stuff? 

Kiwi rider wins 12th TT

New Zealand ace Bruce Anstey rode to his twelfth TT victory after success in the SES TT Zero.

The Kiwi took the plaudits with a 117.7mph lap in a race which was delayed for two hours to allow the course to dry.

He finished 30 seconds up on runner-up and Mugin teammate Guy Martin.

Daley Mathison also made the podium with a third place finish.

Ask yourself whether anyone actually cares.

How the f*** can a one lap parade count as a TT win ?

Makes a mockery of all the hard riding others do for the same accolade.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, dilligaf said:

The electric bikes are the most amazing piece of motorcycle machinery to hit the TT course and by implication the world, since the Britten. Unfortunately views are polarised with so many folk bedded in tradition. Maybe if they plumed some sort of electric e-cigarette type Castrol R then some of the traditionalists would shut up and see what is happening.

Edited by Craig King
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, dilligaf said:

when the oil runs out in around 500 years we will need them........

Edited by woody2

Manx Radio are over staffed and amateur. I believe there are about 60/70 employed there counting the part timers. They should have their funding withdrawn over a period of three years giving them a chance to get their house in order. If they got a business minded Director it could survive.   The reason that some adverts are repeated is the special deals they have if you commit to frequent and long term arrangements.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Craig King said:

The electric bikes are the most amazing piece of motorcycle machinery to hit the TT course and by implication the world, since the Britten. Unfortunately views are polarised with so many folk bedded in tradition. Maybe if they plumed some sort of electric e-cigarette type Castrol R then some of the traditionalists would shut up and see what is happening.

Maybe I just think a bike should SOUND like a bike. I grew up watching and listening to MVs Benellis, Honda 4s & 6s. None of these sewing machines come close to them.:rolleyes:

• Like 1

The electric bikes are a project. I don't see much credibility on winning a one lap event that has a field of about ten but only one team with any resources to get the bike round in a competitive manner.  If the field was twenty or thirty,  over several laps and competitive I'd be more inclined to think the win had real standing.

Although respect to the boys that fire them round at very decent speeds.:P

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Craig King said:

And they are lapping faster than Mike Hailwood.