Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

2 hours ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

I'm hearing some positive changes up at Manx Radio in that one particularly unpleasant senior staff member has "retired".

There's no senior staff at Manx Radio, they're all kids. That's not a criticism as such, but just saying. Maybe I'm just getting old.

11 hours ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

I definitely am NOT referring to TC.  Who is indeed a bit of a legend.

Isle of Man Newspapers hasn't carried Terry Cringle's column for months. Needless to say, not a word from the editor to tell us what is happening. Copying a vintage front page and publishing it is as lazy as it sounds and not much of a replacement. Probably the last person in Newspaper House capable of stringing a few sentences together elegantly and intelligibly.

• Like 4

Howard Quayle is on Mannin Line just now.

He has used the phrase 'crash and burn' a number of times in just a few minutes. That phrase is one used very successfully by previous Chief Minister Allan Bell to get himself out of a spot, and also when he was talking bollocks.

It's a good phrase, a simple one, a scary one etc, and the spin doctor who gave it to Allan Bell is obviously still has influence in the Cabinet Office.

Crash and burn, yessir, crash and burn.

Oh, and Brigadoon. We can't stay like Brigadoon.

I'm sick of hearing it already. Someone has surely fed this one to Howard and he clearly likes it. It has a bit of a semi-intellectual touch to it because it refers to a black and white film and only intellectules like them

Edited to add:

Not black and white - see below

Edited by gettafa

1 hour ago, gettafa said:

Thanks for the correction.

When I was forced to watch that tripe (a long story) it must have been a b&w TV

There was a later TV version (1966), which may have been black and white, though it was about the time the switch to colour started.  So maybe you saw that.  I seem to remember the film was in one of those strange, supersaturated colour process you got in 50s cinema, so it could just have been erased from  your memory for self-protection.

• Like 2