Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

17 hours ago, dilligaf said:

I refer the honorable gentleman to my previous post that said I was concerned about your mental state..Nothing has changed.

If you're going to start worrying about the mental state of people on here, dilli, you're going to be very careworn indeed.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 7/17/2020 at 8:49 PM, Kopek said:

I've been an amateur psychologist for some 40 years ...

Sid said that he wanted to do '' dreadful things to his Radio '', taking an not unusual slant for MF reposts, I added a sexual meaning to his words joking, that radios do not have a sufficiently large orifice for such abuse?

Freudian?

Edited by Declan
  • Haha 1

It's the way forward.

One day we will look back at Manx Radio with its prime location and multiple presenter format and fancy studios etc. You could run a radio station from under your stairs/spare bedroom these days.

Lockdown has only accelerated the process.

I gotta laugh at BBC though. The Archers has a silly one player only format due to lockdown and social distancing procedures. Such as the independently produced programmes just got on with it and used freely available and easy to use technology. 

The Manx Radio stunt of using Chris Williams to broadcast from his home during isolation (with the other guy in the MR studio - is it  a local law that Manx Radio must have 2 or more presenters?) demonstrated this fully. Looks like that one was ended before people started asking why they don't all just stay at home. 

Edited by gettafa

2 hours ago, gettafa said:

Chris Kinley just saying on his show why they did the show from Peel and the studio during lock down, and also how the technology isn't quite there yet.

It’s radio what technology do you need? Radio Caroline managed to broadcast from a rusty old ship 10 miles out at sea 50 years ago. That’s self isolation. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, thesultanofsheight said:

It’s radio what technology do you need? Radio Caroline managed to broadcast from a rusty old ship 10 miles out at sea 50 years ago. That’s self isolation. 

BBC Radio 3 & Radio Cornwall running well with presenters located in a spare bedroom or gazebo. Nice to hear the Radio 3 presenter with the wildlife chirping away in the background.

Biggest issue on the rock is probably internet.