Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

8 hours ago, GD4ELI said:

Deffo pre-recorded.

It deffo wasn't.

At first it was pre-recorded but was live from 1997 from his byre in Scotland.

edited to add:

So re the technology not being 'quite there' Chris Kinley, as usual, was talking crappity crap. The technology has been there for a couple of decades at least, but certainly it's even better and more accessible this past few years. It's just that Manx Radio don't have the desire to use it due to being spoon fed barrow loads of taxpayers money each year. 

Edited by gettafa
  • Like 1

Ohhh, this Fake News makes me cross.  MR claiming record audience figures.  The truth is RAJAR have suspended all reporting due to the Corona crisis, so no station, not MR, Energy or 3fm have had any updated audience figures since May 14th.

Screenshot 2020-08-01 at 15.41.10.png

• Like 1

If I'm not mistaken, there's no claim that the figures are official. I have a sport facebook page and I can measure its reach quite easily (it helps to attact sponsors). Presumably MR are doing the same or similar with their social media stuff and can see their market reach.

Oh hang on, that doesn't fit with the vernacualr here - burn the bastards!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

That's true, though the story was published the day the official figures 'should' have been released.  So intentionally misleading, you don't just knock up a video with claims like that in 20 minutes, it was planned.  It's only the saddo Rajar geeks like me who would know there currently isn't any official figures.

51 minutes ago, piebaps said:

If I'm not mistaken, there's no claim that the figures are official. I have a sport facebook page and I can measure its reach quite easily (it helps to attact sponsors). Presumably MR are doing the same or similar with their social media stuff and can see their market reach.

As JW points out they our our only public service broadcaster so can only be the best. It’s shameless fake news. The fact that RAJA is also suspended is just the icing in the cake. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

New sound for our lives

Screenshot - 2020-08-08T104244.041.png

Who’s lives. Internet only pop from Energy FM. They will have to sell lots of advertising to pay for live DJs.

I wonder why the photo on their website is taken from near Manx Radio.

Are they trying to make some connection ?