Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

4 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

Look at the damage to propeller. if it was reversing onto the linkspan, it's quite possible for the prop to have struck an underwater obstacle. The rudder could well have nudged it into the path of the prop

Kinda what I was getting at.

15 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

Look at the damage to propeller. if it was reversing onto the linkspan, it's quite possible for the prop to have struck an underwater obstacle. The rudder could well have nudged it into the path of the prop

Happened outside harbour, going ahead. So not reversing anywhere. 

Well I did not think The Nations Station could stoop any lower but it never fails to disappoint.   Because they did not get the result they had expected at the Covid Media announcement they are now dredging the UK for anyone who is stupid enough to think they will achieve 2 minutes of fame by spouting crap on our own Mickey Mouse Radio Station, no one, absolutely no one has ever achieved fame by speaking on M.R.     They had a beauty, not really ,seen the photo, this morning who is living in Wiltshire but Momma.....how she was referred to lives in Peel ....she reckons she should be shown more sympathy...all say ahhhhh... because she has not seen Momma...for ages .   She ended her pity rant with I want my Momma.  This was on as the lead story of  two news headlines...ffs.   This idiot station should be defunded it is not fit for purpose.    This beats the guy they previously had on who wanted to come back because he missed the seagulls.   You really could not make this up.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, hissingsid said:

Well I did not think The Nations Station could stoop any lower but it never fails to disappoint.   Because they did not get the result they had expected at the Covid Media announcement they are now dredging the UK for anyone who is stupid enough to think they will achieve 2 minutes of fame by spouting crap on our own Mickey Mouse Radio Station, no one, absolutely no one has ever achieved fame by speaking on M.R.     They had a beauty, not really ,seen the photo, this morning who is living in Wiltshire but Momma.....how she was referred to lives in Peel ....she reckons she should be shown more sympathy...all say ahhhhh... because she has not seen Momma...for ages .   She ended her pity rant with I want my Momma.  This was on as the lead story of  two news headlines...ffs.   This idiot station should be defunded it is not fit for purpose.    This beats the guy they previously had on who wanted to come back because he missed the seagulls.   You really could not make this up.

Even as a big fan of Manx Radio, there is no place for idiotic pieces like that. They know better and should do better. They let their good staff down and assume we are idiots. Not happy.

• Like 2

You do wonder exactly who is producing the stuff.  There was a classic earlier this week headed: Willaston woman denies eight charges of benefits fraud about someone in "Cushag Road in Willaston".  Except of course it's in Anagh Coar.  They'd even got it right in an earlier report on the case, so there's no excuse and it shows they don't even know their way around the town they work in (and are very snooty towards those in social housing).

• Like 1

There is bigger problem with that story, as the person concerned, Amy Griffiths, is an ex member of the Manx Radio newsroom, that really should have been made clear.

This is similar to when Charles Guard is interviewed, it needs to be clear that he is a director Radio Manx limited.

Also when he appears with Alex Brindley, he’s god father to his son, talking about Milntown, also a director.

Its very important that the audience should know of these associations

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, WKRP said:

There is bigger problem with that story, as the person concerned, Amy Griffiths, is an ex member of the Manx Radio newsroom, that really should have been made clear.

This is similar to when Charles Guard is interviewed, it needs to be clear that he is a director Radio Manx limited.

Also when he appears with Alex Brindley, he’s god father to his son, talking about Milntown, also a director.

You never were jealous, were you. Go out and play. It’s bedtime for you soon. Jesus H, will you never admit you were not wanted ?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, WKRP said:

You are Paul Moulton and I claim my £100

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

Yes it now looks like a  set up between the station and this drama queen ex employee .   I was unaware she was connected in any way when I posted before but it follows, why Manx Radio are being so negative is puzzling but this sort of action leaves a nasty taste.   

Sad really to think it could be Moulten, Davies or Berry. Not ruling out old timers like Percival. WhY can’t people just move on and enjoy life, instead of trying to change the past ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WKRP said:

Dickhead