Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

59 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

Yes it now looks like a  set up between the station and this drama queen ex employee .   I was unaware she was connected in any way when I posted before but it follows, why Manx Radio are being so negative is puzzling but this sort of action leaves a nasty taste.   

Amusingly dilligaf seems to have believed you were talking about Moulton rather than Ms Griffiths.  This sort of thing isn't necessarily corrupt (though it can be) but it's always unprofessional.  It's not that they shouldn't report her views, but introducing her as "Former Manx Radio presenter, Amy ..." or whatever would make things clear.  Some of this is just vanity - they think everyone knows who they are - but if they don't it can give the impression they have something to hide.  Of course the main thing they are usually hiding is that they can't be arsed to find out what is happening or what the public thinks -  so they just ask their chums.

Of course this chumminess isn't unknown elsewhere - any Private Eye will contain examples of worse practice from the London media.  But it's still a giveaway that people aren't doing their job properly.

There is a human tendency to over-complicate any situation. In virtually every case the simple answer is almost invariably the accurate one. So... Manx Radio... everyone involved is really rather shit at what they do. No conspiracy, no nepotism, no agenda...just really poorly performing people, producing shitty radio. Shittily. Except Beth.

Edited by Uhtred

14 hours ago, WKRP said:

There is bigger problem with that story, as the person concerned, Amy Griffiths, is an ex member of the Manx Radio newsroom, that really should have been made clear.

This is similar to when Charles Guard is interviewed, it needs to be clear that he is a director Radio Manx limited.

Also when he appears with Alex Brindley, he’s god father to his son, talking about Milntown, also a director.

Its very important that the audience should know of these associations

In each case, why do these things need to be disclosed?  There are irrelevant in each scenario.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

It depends Gladys if she contacted Manx Radio or whether they contacted her.   The other people that were interviewed seemed a bit contrived one woman saying she did not believe in isolation and a man giving the reason he missed the seagulls.   If I knew where the seagull loving idiot lived I would send him a few who delight on dumping on my car and washing, I am sure Mr Moorehouse would sign the exit papers.  We will never know the truth so we must move on and give everyone the benefit of the doubt even the moranic woman who is not young by any means wailing for her Mom......tragic snowflake.

2 hours ago, Gladys said:

In each case, why do these things need to be disclosed?  There are irrelevant in each scenario.

A random person whining that the are missing seeing a relative is even more irrelevant. There was someone here not long ago arguing against the measures on the basis that her children hadn't seen their grandparents lately. As if that really matters. But at least this place doesn't cost £millions.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, pongo said:

A random person whining that the are missing seeing a relative is even more irrelevant. There was someone here not long ago arguing against the measures on the basis that her children hadn't seen their grandparents lately. As if that really matters. But at least this place doesn't cost £millions.

I think seeing close relatives for most people really matters for many reasons. It’s a bit hard hearted to dismiss such a feeling as something that does not matter.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

Amusingly dilligaf seems to have believed you were talking about Moulton rather than Ms Griffiths.  This sort of thing isn't necessarily corrupt (though it can be) but it's always unprofessional.  It's not that they shouldn't report her views, but introducing her as "Former Manx Radio presenter, Amy ..." or whatever would make things clear.  Some of this is just vanity - they think everyone knows who they are - but if they don't it can give the impression they have something to hide.  Of course the main thing they are usually hiding is that they can't be arsed to find out what is happening or what the public thinks -  so they just ask their chums.

Of course this chumminess isn't unknown elsewhere - any Private Eye will contain examples of worse practice from the London media.  But it's still a giveaway that people aren't doing their job properly.

Re your first sentence. If the cap fits etc.

Edited by dilligaf

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Get given a million quid, still make a loss. There's something wrong with your business model mate.

It a public service, not a retail business. I love it and listen for several hours every day. More people should give it a try. It was never intended to be a pop music station like it’s pretenders.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1