Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

IManx Radio are now keeping the Isle of Man Government Covid broadcast on FM open during questions. (During lockdown and after, they cut the FM broadcast for the questions.)

Is that what we paid £200,000 for?

I think if you did not have Manx Radio anymore you would miss it. But they need to dump this dual presenter model. It is truly awful. I have a switch off button for that but switch on for the solo presenters , and they have some excellent ones. For all tastes. MR  has a broad remit so needs a broad range of programs. And they have and do it very well. Of course the magazine programmes suit dual presenters ( thinking there that farming one with Clarke & Kermode - very good that and there are many others ) but daytime ? Big no , they have to fly solo.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Scotty said:

Why is it anyone’s business to need to know where the man is.? Get on with your own life, if you have one.

Jesus Christ we as taxpayers don’t actually own these people ffs.

When you listen to the radio on a daily basis, you are effectively inviting the presenters into your home, and whether you like them or not they become part of your lives. 

Is it unreasonable to take an interest in the reason for their sudden, unexplained, disappearance?

And "we as taxpayers" are paying for these people, so we should take some interest in where our money is going.

What's with the reference to a person of religion? Has your own life not taught you adequate words to express yourself without names and expletives?

• Haha 1

A person of religion?  If you are religious,  JC is hardly a POR, he was the son of God, or if you believe the concept of the triumvirate, he was the personification of God on earth not an adherent to the belief.  Is it too unpalatable to say God, whether you believe or not? 

If you are not religious, then no need to be offended. 

BTW, I am not religious in the slightest, perhaps my early Catholic education saw to that. 

• Like 2

I am not religious, but my family was, and I was taught, both at home and at school, that using names such as that in that fashion was blasphemous. I have always tried to avoid it, not only because it is completely unnecessary, but also because it might upset someone who is religious. I was also taught that there are numerous alternatives that can be used in place of "f" words or other expletives.

I use the words "person of religion" in the same way that someone might refer to a "person of colour". (Except maybe in my own home and in private :)).

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, monasqueen said:

I use the words "person of religion" in the same way that someone might refer to a "person of colour". (Except maybe in my own home and in private :)).

You do see the possibility of offence to someone who is religious and how contradictory it is to use the phrase while criticising someone using the actual name, surely?  You are implying JC was just a person not the Messiah.   ;)