Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

2 hours ago, worlds-greatest-manxman said:

The new MD worked for Forces radio, as did Mark Tyley as did the guy that recently died in motorbike crash, like the Governor it is seen as a cosy little retirement job for brits.

That doesn't seem like "a good number".  It seems like a couple. (Which isn't uncommon as being ex Forces does happen day to day in many companies with a number of employees).

The guy who died recently worked elsewhere full time didn't he?

It's generally a good thing too employing ex forces people.  

Edited by TerryFuchwit
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TerryFuchwit said:

That doesn't seem like "a good number".  It seems like a couple. (Which isn't uncommon as being ex Forces does happen day to day in many companies with a number of employees).

You still partial to a uniform Terry?

3 hours ago, TerryFuchwit said:

Oh don't you worry. It's a good number. Working in radio nestling under the protective wing of IoM Government. The guys are all old buddies and with others in Manx Radio.

The conversations would have been something on the lines of "Hey, working for a commercial radio station on the Isle of Man that gets shed loads of money from the Government too, they can't stop themselves throwing it at us. We've plenty of presenters but one or two more won't go amiss. Come along on board me ol' mucka"

Mind you, all is not gloomy at MR... one of the female newsreaders can now correctly pronounce ‘police’. I’m hoping that those who still believe it to be ‘pleece’ are listening.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Uhtred said:

Mind you, all is not gloomy at MR... one of the female newsreaders can now correctly pronounce ‘police’. I’m hoping that those who still believe it to be ‘pleece’ are listening.

I know. Whoever it is that pronounces it as 'pleece' drives the missus nuts.

Similarly she can't abide hearing 'yous'. Yews she says are female sheep..... grrrrrr!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Uhtred said:

I agree. Minor mispronunciations on the 8am news can put a dampener on your whole day.