Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

26 minutes ago, Snaipyr said:

There was someone called Kerry with a shrieky high-pitched voice on at lunchtime today - awful :( Don't listed to MR much any more but are there no presenters left with a nice Manx accent?!

Careful now, the last time some pointed out there was a non-Manx presenter on the station (ibid.) she complained on Twitter that there was at least 10 pages of nasty manx forums trollsposting about her. (In fact there was a solitary post making the point in passing).

• Like 1

Andy Wint was doing his bit, just after 8.30 this morning, to be first on Manx Radio's 2021 bloopers recording.

"There's a lovely sunrise in the west this morning."

And there was him running a competition for the first "mug of the year"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Snaipyr said:

There was someone called Kerry with a shrieky high-pitched voice on at lunchtime today - awful :( Don't listed to MR much any more but are there no presenters left with a nice Manx accent?!

Hey Snaips, as the enigma has pointed out, you have bags and bags of yer man Phil Gawne on Manx Radio, adverts too. Is he not a nice Manx accent? All squeaky, drawly and theatrical like.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Snaipyr said:

She is OK, plays a good selection of music, apart from not pronouncing the G in most words, which is all the more odd given her surname is Gascoigne!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gladys said:

She is OK, plays a good selection of music, apart from not pronouncing the G in most words, which is all the more odd given her surname is Gascoigne!

Yeah she is ok. Just a bit hysterical about having 10 pages of that nasty Manx Forums about here. 

Second G in her name isn't pronounced. Must get it from there.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Snaipyr said:

Maybe you should only listen to John Kaneen then. Your comments are insulting to Kerry, who is liked by listeners of all ages. I love her shows and I am in my 60s. 
We are lucky to have young talented female presenters like Kerry, Christy DeHaven, Beth Espey, Sarah Hendy and I include Judith Ley too. 
Can never understand the continual knocking of everything MR and their staff do.

I love Manx Radio. Long may it live.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, SleepyJoe said:

It can't continue as is can it? Fewer than 2 out of 10 radio listeners are tuning in on average. 2021 has to be the year of change

What's required to give full coverage to a general election?

Does not deserve a reply

53 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Maybe you should only listen to John Kaneen then. Your comments are insulting to Kerry, who is liked by listeners of all ages. I love her shows and I am in my 60s. 
We are lucky to have young talented female presenters like Kerry, Christy DeHaven, Beth Espey, Sarah Hendy and I include Judith Ley too. 
Can never understand the continual knocking of everything MR and their staff do.

I love Manx Radio. Long may it live.

I love Manx Radio too. But they are being spoon fed over £1million a year of taxpayers' money. They just get more and more presenters. It's a huge government job creation scheme for the boys and girls.

I was listening to Charles Guard's programme on David callister this afternoon.

At one time he did Morning Mandate, on his todd, and also Mannin Line...and the Country Programme to boot.

Surely  oodles and oodles of money up at Manx Radio these days, they just need lots and lots of presenters etc to dish it out to. 

Edited by Barlow

1 minute ago, Barlow said:

I love Manx Radio too. But they are being spoon fed over £1million a year of taxpayers' money. They just get more and more presenters. It's a huge government job creation scheme for the boys and girls.

I was listening to Charles Guard's programme on David callister this afternoon.

At one time he did Morning Mandate, on his todd, and also Mannin Line...and the Country Programme to boot.

Surely  oodles and oodles of money up at Manx Radio these days, they just need lots and lots of presenters etc to dish it out to. 

But most presenters on self employed and not on mega salaries as some people think. Times have changed and it is run lean these days. I would not mind their subvention being doubled to keep the quality and variety of programs. FFS, imagine if all we had was energy or 3 fm. Jesus H.

• Like 2