Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

1 minute ago, Uhtred said:

Interesting. Gilmour's guitar playing always a bit more tinged with acid (perhaps literally) than Santana's. More depth to the Floyd I'd say.

Oh yes, but as I said it was a stepping stone for me.

I think at the moment there is nothing to touch "Brit Floyd". Lots of their playing of Floyd's tracks is much better than the originals.

I would sell a kidney to see them play live. (but that ain't gonna happen, I don't think.) :angry:

5 hours ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Stu Lowe wasn't at Manx Radio in the early 70's Dilli. Early 80's perhaps ?

(The live version of Samba Pa Ti from Lotus is worth checking out too if you like Santana). 

I'll have to check that out, maybe my memory is worse, but it was definitely early- mid '70s at the very latest '76.

Just had a look and "linked in" tells me Stu was at Manx Radio 1976-2001, Could have sworn it was a couple of years before that.

Well I can't be right all the time.:lol:

Edited by dilligaf

12 hours ago, Uhtred said:

Interesting. Gilmour's guitar playing always a bit more tinged with acid (perhaps literally) than Santana's. More depth to the Floyd I'd say.

This is not the thread for this but no guitar player has more depth than Carlos Santana. Dave Gilmour is a master of his instrument but I'm sure even he would acknowledge that.

1 minute ago, Shake me up Judy said:

This is not the thread for this but no guitar player has more depth than Carlos Santana. Dave Gilmour is a master of his instrument but I'm sure even he would acknowledge that.

You may be correct there.

Let me clarify - I did say the Floyd, not Gilmour. I find more depth to the music of the Floyd as a whole, than the music of Santana. I don't dispute Santana's individual mastery of the instrument.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Uhtred said:

Let me clarify - I did say the Floyd, not Gilmour. I find more depth to the music of the Floyd as a whole, than the music of Santana.

Talking of Floyd this reminded me of these Forums of late. Of course we've all worked out the answer .. Well, we've only got an hour of daylight left. Better get started.

Edited by hboy
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Not sure that understand the lyrics there TBH. Not wishing to cause offense

The child is grown, the dream is gone, they're all comfortably numb .. until the pension kicks in.