Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

1 hour ago, Anyone said:

You were forever on it , talk about biting the hand that feeds.

Lols. I was the press officer. Sort of went with the job.

1 hour ago, Barlow said:

Although I disagreed with some of the advice, DF was always a good guest on Mannin Line - Talking Heads as it was then.

We had some good discussions. The public had a chance to probe and argue. Enjoyed it.

52 minutes ago, Anyone said:

Omnipresent he was. Coppers should be seen and not heard. They are not in charge of us.

And I never purported to be. For me, it was about creating less grieving mums by improving awareness about road safety.

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

Lols. I was the press officer. Sort of went with the job.

We had some good discussions. The public had a chance to probe and argue. Enjoyed it.

And I never purported to be. For me, it was about creating less grieving mums by improving awareness about road safety.

Fair enough on the road safety issue , who could argue with that. But you and most coppers on the radio come across as patronizing , I don’t always think people should have done whatever but provided it is legal who is to judge. You lot clearly always do. That’s why I and many other members ‘ of the great Manx Public’ ( most of whom are not Manx) don’t trust coppers.

On 1/23/2021 at 7:13 PM, Max Power said:

I think there's a legal requirement for government notices to be published in the press? I can't see that changing much very soon.

Planning Notices went online only years ago, which I thought was a bad move considering there are still many who still aren't online. Also I was disappointed when the Divorce Notices stopped being published - they were great skeet!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Anyone said:

Fair enough on the road safety issue , who could argue with that. But you and most coppers on the radio come across as patronizing , I don’t always think people should have done whatever but provided it is legal who is to judge. You lot clearly always do. That’s why I and many other members ‘ of the great Manx Public’ ( most of whom are not Manx) don’t trust coppers.

Thanks for the feedback. 

Cops don’t judge, that is for the beak. They uphold and apply the law, and maintain their duty to protect life. It’s a shitty job, but someone has to do it. 

What alternative do you propose?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Snaipyr said:

Planning Notices went online only years ago, which I thought was a bad move considering there are still many who still aren't online. Also I was disappointed when the Divorce Notices stopped being published - they were great skeet!

Especially when the co-respondent was named. The divorce cases were dealt with by deemsters, along with such as driving offences.

That was when deemsters actually did some fucking work for their wedge, but that is perhaps another story. 

• Like 1

On 1/22/2021 at 5:16 PM, Barlow said:

It was a caller called Andy. He was saying Manx Radio had clipped a reply to questions by an MHK which put a spin on the matter.

Andy Wint often thinks he is being smart and clever by going silent and forcing the caller to reply in the awkwardness of the silence. It's a tactic that backfired big time today because he got out silenced - the caller not only went quiet, he did one.

The caller called back today. His phone battery had cut out.

I think Andy Wint is only comfortable with lil' ol' ladies phoning in purring about how lovely the Isle of Man is.

Anything else and he goes on the offensive.

I've given up emailing the programme. Andy Wint rarely reads them out, even though they are sent early in and are on topic.

I would point out that Stu Peters never, ever failed to read out my emails, occasionally carrying them over to the next programme if necessary. Ditto Roger Watterson.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/25/2021 at 1:09 PM, Barlow said:

I would point out that Stu Peters never, ever failed to read out my emails, occasionally carrying them over to the next programme if necessary. Ditto Roger Watterson.

Two of the best presenters Manx Radio has had. I am afraid Mr Wint does not "cut it" or "do it for me" to use the modern parlance. 

As for Romance on the Radio - eurgghhh. 

• Like 2