Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

12 minutes ago, GreyWolf said:

They’ll only ever be one definitive love line and it’ll always be 219 with Stu Lowe, I always thought as a DJ he was as good as anything the uk had at the time.

Who could forget ‘The Love Line, on 219’.

On 1/25/2021 at 8:27 AM, Derek Flint said:

Thanks for the feedback. 

Cops don’t judge, that is for the beak. They uphold and apply the law, and maintain their duty to protect life. It’s a shitty job, but someone has to do it. 

What alternative do you propose?

Precogs, - I can tell a bad un just by the way they walk I am sure there are others who have this talent too.......

• Haha 2

With no papers today took the opportunity to listen to recording of Stu Peters late show on Friday.

What on earth have they done ? Warnings beforehand, adverts all the way through, and some decent music I'll admit.

But as for as for Stu, they seem to have managed to 'soften his tone', shall we say.

Very disappointing MR, bring him back to lunchtime and and let him rip I say. We need his knowledge, insights and style coming up to an election. Politicians running scared?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Apple said:

But as for as for Stu, they seem to have managed to 'soften his tone', shall we say.

Very disappointing MR, bring him back to lunchtime and let him rip...

Good plan. Having said that, I’d rather listen to an hour of static than that truly abysmal fool Wint.

• Like 4

Well, the radio was on this morning for the 'Love Line'; it didn't exude romance, or much else, really. 

Shame, it could have been a good show,with humour, pathos etc.  In the event it was a series of recorded dedications which were sweet enough, but a whole programme? 

There are some really good presenters on ManxRadio but sadly shouty ones prevail, ok I’ll name them. I think Wint and Tiley are terrible , very hard on ones ears. The rest are very good to ok which is fine. Christey De Haven is the jewel in the crown ( solo )in particular when she features new local talent. Big shout for Paul Corkish as well , all about the music and not him.

I agree on Wint and De Haven.  But would disagree on Tyly, who does a good show  obviously prepares well (which Wint doesn't despite presenting two current affairs programmes a day) and gets some really interesting interviewees.  Paul Corkish is just magnolia, inoffensive, does what you expect it to but really isn't inspirational. 

There are some good presenters who are kept in reserve with very little prominence, Beth Espey and Kiree (sp?) Kermode come to mind. 

2 hours ago, Anyone said:

. Christey De Haven is the jewel in the crown ( solo )in particular when she features new local talent.

I agree about any DJ promoting local talent, But she has a highly irritating, persistent, forced and false "huh, huh, huh",  sort of laugh. It is sometimes 2 or 3 times a sentence.

Edited by Barlow
  • Thanks 2

21 hours ago, Gladys said:

I agree on Wint and De Haven.  But would disagree on Tyly, who does a good show  obviously prepares well (which Wint doesn't despite presenting two current affairs programmes a day) and gets some really interesting interviewees.  Paul Corkish is just magnolia, inoffensive, does what you expect it to but really isn't inspirational. 

There are some good presenters who are kept in reserve with very little prominence, Beth Espey and Kiree (sp?) Kermode come to mind. 

Well I half agree , Paul makes it all about the music and I guess as you suggest stays in the background but in my view a good way. Agree on Espay , Kermode etc as some of the other shows ( farming , brass , news and sport are really good and what makes the £800,000 a year worth it ). Sorry , Tiley or whatever his name is just reminds me of Smashy & Nicey , but shoutierl and he does shout his show as we are all deaf.