Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

4 hours ago, Shake me up Judy said:

PG chose a budget debate programme to make a personal attack on PK. Another example of PG huffing and puffing to score a point like an oul Manx politician from days gone by.

Yep, and him a Manx Radio presenter too. The guy has an agenda/agendas. Get him off the airwaves.

An intelligent and more balanced person would easily be able to score points against Peter Karran, without making themself look like a twisted bitter squawking crow.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Barlow said:

Yep, and him a Manx Radio presenter too. The guy has an agenda/agendas. Get him off the airwaves.

An intelligent and more balanced person would easily be able to score points against Peter Karran, without making themself look like a twisted bitter squawking crow.

At least he wasn't speaking in that annoying singy-songy way he does on Sunday afternoons when he is educating us in 'the Manx'. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

It was a delight to hear Peter yesterday, singing all the old greatest hits like Dame Nellie Melba. Among them was the classic Yam-Yats, but I'm buggered if I can remember what it means. It sounds like something from the old Soviet era. I'm sure Phil Gawne knows.

There's a Mars bar for anyone who can tell me.

Edited by Shake me up Judy
  • Haha 1

On 2/15/2021 at 8:33 PM, Anyone said:

Well I half agree , Paul makes it all about the music and I guess as you suggest stays in the background but in my view a good way. Agree on Espay , Kermode etc as some of the other shows ( farming , brass , news and sport are really good and what makes the £800,000 a year worth it ). Sorry , Tiley or whatever his name is just reminds me of Smashy & Nicey , but shoutierl and he does shout his show as we are all deaf.

Is tyley the one who does the betting on the gee gees on a friday morning ?

I see that Stu has been laid up again. I think his back's gone after swinging that bass around in the Railway, just like Hooky from New Order. He needs to take his strap up a few holes and remember he's an old rocker.

George filled in for him on the Late Show with some great tunes. Funny how George can always play what he likes whereas Stu is stuck with Brindley's Manx Radio's playlist.  

• Like 2