Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

Didn't catch it myself but I believe that Manx Radio broadcast the wrong news bulletin again last night. Third time in as many weeks ? This is the cost of dumbing down and getting your priorities all wrong. They've been diluting the quality for years to pay for senior and middle management executive salaries, and everything has got worse. Mind-numbing adverts repeated endlessly; a generic playlist aimed at a narrow target audience that isn't even listening; an FM signal that's increasingly as bad as the completely unlistenable AM; a watered-down newsroom and very little proper journalism; very few decent presenters (Every time they wheel George out of retirement the quality shift is immediately palpable); poor quality outside broadcasting etc. They've still not got the T.T. coverage back to the quality of years ago. I could go on...

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I do not listen to the Mannin Line; it is an outlet for the deranged and witless, with the added disincentive that Wint is an utter clown. However, over the past couple of weeks through occasions such as being in shops, walking past building sites or overhearing the radio from parked vehicles, I’ve been exposed to it four or five times. And on every occasion, without exception, the voice emanating, with its irksome nasal drone, has been Quirkio. Every single time. WTF?

• Like 4
  • Haha 9

1 minute ago, Uhtred said:

I do not listen to the Mannin Line; it is an outlet for the deranged and witless, with the added disincentive that Wint is an utter clown. However, over the past couple of weeks through occasions such as being in shops, walking past building sites or overhearing the radio from parked vehicles, I’ve been exposed to it four or five times. And on every occasion, without exception, the voice emanating, with its irksome nasal drone, has been Quirkio. Every single time. WTF?

Quirkio, your next Supreme Leader.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Uhtred said:

September!

• Like 2

However, over the past couple of weeks through occasions such as being in shops, walking past building sites or overhearing the radio from parked vehicles, I’ve been exposed to it four or five times.

My thoughts are with you. I hope your 14 day isolation passes quickly.

Quirkio must have Manx Radio number stored on his phone, or it’s always on speedial. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Uhtred said:

I do not listen to the Mannin Line; it is an outlet for the deranged and witless, with the added disincentive that Wint is an utter clown. 

Andy Wint, the way he goes on about Isle of Man stuff, is like some bizarre parody of Mark Steel's in Town, but without the wit and charisma. He has just self-satisfied smugness.

• Like 5

Manx Radio May 19th 2021:

Tim Baker hopes to retain Ayre and Michael seat

Infrastructure Minister and MHK for Ayre and Michael Tim Baker has announced his intention to stand in September's General Election.

He's the first member of the Council of Ministers to declare, as well as the first candidate for Ayre and Michael.

He's not the first COMIN member to declare is he? I thought Allinson (wi nowt teken ow'!) declared last week?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

Manx Radio May 19th 2021:

He's not the first COMIN member to declare is he? I thought Allinson (wi nowt teken ow'!) declared last week?

And has announced he will go for Chief Minister job.

It shows how desperate things have become.