Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

15 hours ago, AlanShimmin said:

Tune in to the Mannin Line tomorrow. I hear that Quirkio is going to announce his candidacy and run for Chief Minister.

I tuned in to the Andy 'Windbag' Wint show and Quirkio popped up, right on cue, but no announcement.

I'm so disappointed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Barlow said:

I tuned in to the Andy 'Windbag' Wint show and Quirkio popped up, right on cue, but no announcement.

I'm so disappointed.

According to his appearance on Paul Moulton's latest IOMTV video he was just checking all would be in order with his existing Government MHK pension before committing. I mean, we wouldn't want poor David missing out on his well-earned loot.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Twitch said:

According to his appearance on Paul Moulton's latest IOMTV video he was just checking all would be in order with his existing Government MHK pension before committing. I mean, we wouldn't want poor David missing out on his well-earned loot.

I thought his loot was in his lock-up of items collected during his plumbing days with the Corpy.

3 hours ago, Barlow said:

I'm so disappointed.

Mr Quirk again was allowed to make a statement on the new Construct isle of man, which was so inaccreate it baggars belief.  Mr Wint never questions David Quirk on any of his facts or made up bullshit. Why are the hierarchy of Manx Radio allowing this shambles to continue. I text in to correct Mr Quirk, but it wasn't read out, again.

• Like 5

Quirkio had his chance in the Keys but he was out of his depth. He doesn't/can't answer questions, or answers a different question that he's made up in his head, either through ignorance, inability or stupidity. Possibly all three on occasion. David means well and does a lot of good for Onchan, but he lives in his own goldfish bowl.    

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Holte End said:

Mr Quirk again was allowed to make a statement on the new Construct isle of man, which was so inaccreate it baggars belief.  Mr Wint never questions David Quirk on any of his facts or made up bullshit. Why are the hierarchy of Manx Radio allowing this shambles to continue. I text in to correct Mr Quirk, but it wasn't read out, again.

Maybe because English clearly isn't your first language? Inaccreate? Baggers?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, display name said:

Tut,how road of ewe to paint out a gentlemoon's pour spilling

I’m surprised he wasn’t told to fock iff.

On 5/21/2021 at 7:38 AM, Holte End said:

So sorry, I will keep watching " On the Move" to improve my english.

Bob Hoskins learning to read before becoming a villain in The Long Good Friday and then shagging Jessica Rabbit. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Uhtred said:

Bob Hoskins learning to read before becoming a villain in The Long Good Friday and then shagging Jessica Rabbit. 

Didn't he have a hand in Mona Lisa.,then went on to play David Quirk  in the Super Mario Bros.

Edited by Holte End
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Dr Allinson on Mannin Line just now. Extolling the virtues of social distancing and other precautions during the pandemic, in that as well as keeping Covid-19 at bay, there are spin-offs such as 'flu etc being greatly cut down. He even suggested it may be a cure for the common cold.

It was the good doctor who was somewhat pooh-poohing the wearing of masks last year.

We can all get it wrong, but I worry when someone with such a teflon coated confident attitude has so much power and influence.

Next Chief Minister?

Oh dear.

Edited by Barlow
  • Like 4