Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

3 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

Your dictionary may be set to 'English US'

As somebody lately said there’s no such thing as ‘English US’. Only English and mistakes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

As somebody lately said there’s no such thing as ‘English US’. Only English and mistakes.

English is a mistake. We should have just stuck with German ~1,500 years ago. Would have been so much simpler.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Manx Bean said:

Has Chris Robertshaw got some sort of contract to supply Manky Radio with weekly content bitching about HQ's administration? He appears to have - today's contribution - https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/robertshaw-care-home-tragedy-was-avoidable/

It's probably the interview from last week. Parceled out to get their money's worth. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Ramseyboi said:

I see the sting has been taken out of their big announcement of the worlds worst kept secret tomorrow, by the Red Arrows adding the date to their own website before MR announced it!

Wonder who is funding that if it is being promoted as a Manx Radio event?

I listened to the big announcement this morning and there was no indication that MR were putting their hands in their pocket.

Yet curiously they have somehow taken ownership of this event. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I listened to the big announcement this morning and there was no indication that MR were putting their hands in their pocket.

13501322_FYouHoward22.jpg.0ed8925885d838579d9f88f7cdc22203.jpg

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

MR putting their hands in OUR pocket. Not just subvention but how much is paid for Heritage Rail adverts? 

1 minute ago, CallMeCurious said:

MR putting their hands in OUR pocket. Not just subvention but how much is paid for Heritage Rail adverts? 

Perhaps Manx Radio has so much cash they need something to spend it on, especially after claiming an extra £200,00 or so due to Covid (ie to do the job that they are paid a handsome subvention to do in the first place).  And there's only so many presenters you can pay.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Manx Bean said:

Has Chris Robertshaw got some sort of contract to supply Manky Radio with weekly content bitching about HQ's administration? He appears to have - today's contribution - https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/robertshaw-care-home-tragedy-was-avoidable/

It's partly because Robertshaw isn't standing in the election.  They have to be very careful about how much exposure they give candidates or possible candidates.  There's only four MHKs standing down and Skelly now has to be neutral as President and Quayle is sulking because MR were big meanies to him, so there!  So expect a lot of Robertshaw in the next few weeks.

3 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I suspect that the MD at Manx Radio (ex-BFBS and also RAFVR) has used his contacts to get the Red Arrows to display here, and pulled together funding from private sponsors. If that is true, it's a damn sight more than IOMG is doing, will cost the taxpayer bugger all and MR should be congratulated rather than scorned by default.

• Like 2